Gamecocks might have been a fluke

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

habersham hammer

I know that Sindarius Thornwell for SC is a stud and has been one of the best players in the tournament so far but.

Gonzaga is the real deal and only lost 1 game all year. It will be hard for Carolina to overcome this challenge, even if Thornwell is at his best and their defense continues like they have been playing.

I love Carolina but there is a thin line between confidence and reality and I think we lose by at least 10 (but I hope not)

Either way making the final four is still a big deal :clap:

walukabuck

I am pretty sure Gonzaga has played no one as physical as USC out there in bunny hugger land. It will depend a lot on how the game is officiated. If it's like the second half sunday against Florida, Gonzaga better have a fresh supply of body bags. Florida knew what it was going to be like and still got man handled.

BornToHuntAndFish

2017 SC Women in Final Four

I just noticed the South Carolina Women's basketball team is also in the NCAA tournament Final 4.

Big Congrats to Gamecocks Women!

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/news/baske...ess-state-south-carolina-seeing-unprecedented

March Madness: The State of South Carolina seeing unprecedented success

March 29, 2017

The state is home to the reigning champions of both college football, at Clemson, and college baseball, at Coastal Carolina. And now, both the South Carolina men's and women's basketball teams are in the Final Four.

Women's NCAA bracket at web links below . . .

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/basketball-women/d1

or

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/basketball-women_d1_2017.pdf

:bounce:

BornToHuntAndFish

SC keeping it a close game with Gonzaga.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
South Cackalacky sure had a good run..... congrats ...... now for Gonzaga to win the next one!!!!!!!

BornToHuntAndFish

Great competitive close game, even near the end only a few points difference at times. Congrats to Gonzaga on the win & going to the Finals Championship game, but kudos to Gamecocks making it very tough on 'em to earn it.

Still have SC ladies in the Finals with a chance at winning the tournament Championship tomorrow Sunday April 2nd at 6pm going against tough MS State on ESPN. Gonna still make the Southeast proud keeping the win in the SEC.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Great run for the Gamecocks. They came up just a few seconds short.

bullgator

Congrats on a great season birds

Patriot44

Banned
I haven't watched Basketball really since the 90's other than a big game here or a big game there. I have been reminded during the past three weeks of why I don't watch anymore...ADHD is in OD!

IMO, a basketball game should only be 2:00 minutes long and start with a score of 100 to 100 and it would still take 2 hours.

Glad to see SC hang in there and hold their own up until the end.

BornToHuntAndFish

SC women had a great 1st half winning by 10, but 2nd half adjustments could determine the champ.

BornToHuntAndFish

SC NIT Champs

Congrats to the lady Gamecocks on an outstanding rocking NIT Championship win for their 1st national championship bringing it home to South Carolina & the SEC making the Southeast USA proud!:bounce:

:cool:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hard to get to the final 4 on a fluke. Good job SC.