Ruger PR in 6.5 Creedoor

BONE HEAD

Just got back from my second trip to the range with my new Ruger Precision Rifle and WOW....just WOW.

Dub

They sound like they are ready to rock right out of the box.....just add a scope.:cheers:

What have you topped yours with ?

GAGE

GONetwork Member
My buddy has the same rifle, and put some higher end Vortex on it and raves about it.

660griz

I want one...but in .308

BONE HEAD

I went with a Vortex 6.5X20X50
because of the reviews and the low cost, the Vortex seems to be good especially for the $400 price, eventually want to go with a Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 8.5-25x50mm but will have to wait a bit.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures next trip.

Steve08

I want one...but in .308<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
Same here :cheers:

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I happy for you,

I wish I could get any kind of decent group out of my M77. Just plain sucks.

wareagle700

They tend to take a good bit of work to get them shooting. A proper bedding job and fire lapping the barrel with Tubb's final finish seems to work well.

buddy48

I have it in .308. Just got the glasss put on it late last week. A Leupold Mark 4 4-14x50. I Haven't had a chance to get to the range with it yet. I got an awesome deal on mine. It's the second generation and I paid $950 BNIB at an NRA banquet!

cmshoot

You wanna stretch that thing out, drop me a line! I'll be down at Arena Training Facility in Blakely in June, with a max distance of 2500yds.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I happy for you,

They tend to take a good bit of work to get them shooting. A proper bedding job and fire lapping the barrel with Tubb's final finish seems to work well.

My old tang-safety M77 is probably the most accurate rifle I have ever owned, and I've never done anything to it.

cmshoot

My buddy has run his in 6.5CM out to 1238yds with handloads. I can confirm as I was spotting/calling wind for him.

Chase4556

You wanna stretch that thing out, drop me a line! I'll be down at Arena Training Facility in Blakely in June, with a max distance of 2500yds.

My buddy and so have matching 6.5 RPRs. We are in savannah, and have been trying to find a place to stretch them to 1000+. Do you know anywhere in the area or within an hour or hour and a half drive we can go to?

I've shot mine at 600 while I was in Texas for Christmas. 5in gong and I kept the shots nice and neat on it. Hoping I will get even better as I practice, and the rifle should print some better groups once I gather enough brass to start reloading.

wareagle700

Chase, check out Cool Acres Sporting Camo near Swainsboro.

cmshoot

Blakely is a bit over 4hrs from Savannah, but cabins are available on the facility. Makes for a nice weekend.