More on the ned rig

Burton

I took my step-dad fishing last week on a small SC lake and we ended the day with 40 bass. I started out with a green pumpkin TRD (2.75") on 1/15 shroomz jighead and he had a lead on me. He was pitching a Canada Craw color. When I switched over to Canada Craw I regained the lead and we had a fun day of catching. Big fish was 3.25 and I had a 3-4 lb fish break my line.

I took my wife, 3 year old, and FIL the next morning. We caught 16 bass in about 2 hours. My FIL doesn't do a lot of fishing, but he managed to outfish me 8-5....and my wife caught 3 on a kids rod.

I guess this is a free advertisement for them. I know it's still kind of new around here and not everyone is fishing it. It's a small fish bait. We catch a lot of non-keepers, but with all the numbers I think I've managed 10-11 lbs with 5 fish in my last 2 trips. It's easy for anyone to fish. My FIL had a blast b/c he was catching fish on light spinning tackle - and he outfished me. It's great for kids to use. All they have to do is be patient enough to let it hit the bottom....or try to hit the bottom. Most of our bites come on the first drop.

Give it a try if you haven't done so yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20170413_133814179.jpg
    IMG_20170413_133814179.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 665

toyota4x4h

Ive tried it a few times. Mostly at Carters lake bec I hear its good for pressured or low activity fish. Still havnt caught anything and lost a few in the rocks lol.

Burton

Ive tried it a few times. Mostly at Carters lake bec I hear its good for pressured or low activity fish. Still havnt caught anything and lost a few in the rocks lol.

When I started trying it, I think my jighead was too heavy. It seems this combo with 1/15 jigs on 8 lb line is deadly. I've had really good days this year from mid march to last weekend in clear and murky water from 60-72 degrees.

We had a good day last year on Hartwell around Thanksgiving. I've struggled a few times in the winter and a couple times last summer. I'm still learning it though.

My last 4 trips fishing the ned rig have produced 26, 35, 40, and 16 bass on 2 different lakes.

It seems to do best around rocks and is pretty good around the docks as well.

toyota4x4h

When I started trying it, I think my jighead was too heavy. It seems this combo with 1/15 jigs on 8 lb line is deadly. I've had really good days this year from mid march to last weekend in clear and murky water from 60-72 degrees.

We had a good day last year on Hartwell around Thanksgiving. I've struggled a few times in the winter and a couple times last summer. I'm still learning it though.

My last 4 trips fishing the ned rig have produced 26, 35, 40, and 16 bass on 2 different lakes.

It seems to do best around rocks and is pretty good around the docks as well.

Considering I was at carters doesn't mean the rig is a bad bait..you cant hardly catch anything down there on live bait :rofl: