HVAC guys....

snookdoctor

What should labor and materials cost to replace the expansion valve on a 3.5 ton, under warranty unit, that is readily accessible?

fullstrut

Unless there is a freon leak. You should not have to add freon back if the person doing the work does a proper reclaim of refrigerant. What's in volved in that labor quote is the reclaim, removal of TXV abd install of the new one. Which if it's a weld in kind materials will be needed to braze back the new one. Then pressure test and a vaccum to remove any moisture that has gotten in your system from part replacement. Finally a systems check once the part is in place and unit is fired back up. Mainly cost is just a little time consuming, but that quote is decent for sure. Hope this helps and good luck!

firebreather

500.00 for me some are brazzed in some are mechanically held in , by threaded connections , most importantly is that it's pressure tested after install and that the txv bulb placement is crucial as well as cleaning the surface that it mounts to as well as insulating it , then vacuuming the unit down to 250 to 500 microns before weighing in the Freon on the liquid side after measuring the lineset for proper charge , I always change the filter drier when I open a system ,