Favorite Italian Restaurants

Studawg170

Peters Place in Dublin is good.

Mom and Dads in Valdosta is a decent place.

Villa Gargano in Albany has awesome pizza like Nic said

Bream Pole

Giuseppes on Wheeler Rd in Augusta. Best Marsala chicken I have ever had bar none.

dawg

Il Gaillo in Sandy Springs is amazing! The owners you to run veni vidi vicci in mid town.

Unbelievable food and service! Home made pasta!

They cook specials daily off of the big green eggs.

Enjoy

Oldstick

Calling Olive Garden Italian, is like calling Chef Boyardee Italian cuisine...

I'm a GA native of Irish/Scottish ancestry, so I can't claim to be an expert, but I have to disagree that.

Are there better Italian places and/or home cooked recipes? I'm sure there are thousands and probably all much more expensive to boot.

I have been guilty of eating Chef Boyardee cold straight from the can if extremely hungry. I would certainly rank OG a lot closer to "cuisine" than CBRD.

Capt Quirk

I'm a GA native of Irish/Scottish ancestry, so I can't claim to be an expert, but I have to disagree that.

Are there better Italian places and/or home cooked recipes? I'm sure there are thousands and probably all much more expensive to boot.

I have been guilty of eating Chef Boyardee cold straight from the can if extremely hungry. I would certainly rank OG a lot closer to "cuisine" than CBRD.
It depends on what you want. You want fast and cheap? Open a can of pasta and some sort of red sauce. It is just a look a like substitute with no heart or soul, and the taste of chemicals.

You go to a majority of "Italian restaurants", and you get a more reasonable imitation, served "fresh" to you. But still, no real heart and soul.

But, if you want the closest to real thing, you have to hunt for it. People who grew up in Italy, either picking most of the ingredients out of a garden, or hand picked first thing in the morning from the Farmer's market. Using recipes that have been passed down and made from scratch.

You don't always get what you pay for. But when you find the right place, you don't mind paying a little more, and getting much better food.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Had a gift card for over a year to Olive Garden. Finally re-gifted to my grandson for a date night. I have been to three different OGs thinking that they might be better at another. They did not. I was not impressed with any of them.

specialk

What, no love for Olive Garden.

haven't eaten at one in years....reason?.....every one I pass has a hoard of people standing and sitting all around the outside waiting to be seated.....that's not for me....ain't waiting an hour or two to eat anywhere.....they must be really really slow or really really good, not sure which they are.....

jwillban

Amalfi in Roswell is awesome and Venti in between Canton and Cumming is pretty legit too.