Reckon this will make a good pelt?

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Don't get your knickers twisted. It's roadkill.

34020819132_3fc433fddb_b.jpg

34178239295_7dae3d6e60_b.jpg

34178248575_679df680e8_b.jpg

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Nice and fresh?

specialk

don't you think you should call the game warden first?....oh wait, there's no horns on it....I guess it will be ok.....::ke:

T-N-T

Fur won't be as thick as winter
But it's free

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Fur won't be as thick as winter
But it's free

No, but it's about the purtiest bobcat coat I've ever seen around here. Most of our kitties are more muted tones of gray and brown with very non-distinct markings. This one's black just pops.

Mr Warren

Banned
No, but it's about the purtiest bobcat coat I've ever seen around here. Most of our kitties are more muted tones of gray and brown with very non-distinct markings. This one's black just pops.
It is a beautiful pelt. Too bad it's so late in the year - the fur will be pretty thin - but it will sure look great if you have the hide tanned. That white belly is what the fur buyers look for. Good on ya!!!:cool:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
It`s not gonna be prime this time of the year, and the pelt might be "blue", but due to the coloration, it would be worth it to tan it. I would case it and see how it turns out.

If you want a hair on deer skin, now till early September is the time to save one. Summer coat has more hair than a winter coat, and is solid, so it won`t be as brittle.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
When I first saw the thread title, I thought it said "Will this make a good pet?" I was gonna say no, because it's dead. :)

T-N-T

When I first saw the thread title, I thought it said "Will this make a good pet?" I was gonna say no, because it's dead. :)

That's all relative to what you are looking for in a pet...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Free cat to good home...(joking).
But kudos to you for wanting better than a roadside memorial...(seriously).
Do it!:flag:

jbogg

I have seen four Bobcats the last three years while hunting, but none of them looked that detailed. Cool find!

ripplerider

Bobcats are one critter I just dont see very often in the woods. I've seen several cross the road. I did get to watch one clean itself just like a big housecat for a very long time on Coopers Creek. That was a cool day.