I ate a caterpillar this evening.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Went to pick my boy up from youth and a local member who is also a missionary was there. He had a bag of fried caterpillars from a recent trip.

They were dang tasty, just enough spice.

fireman32

Heck no, got caught up in the moment and didn't even think about a pic. My wife did not try one though.

fireman32

^yep. Momentary weakness.

OwlRNothing

I'll try almost anything, once. :)

Weird stuff I've tried:
rattlesnake
veal
rabbit
grasshopper
dried okra
mustard on Doritos
froglegs
soft shelled crab

Y'all might not think some of those are "weird" but I sure did. Only thing in that list worth a dang was the mustard on the Doritos and the frog legs.
:)

I'd like to try squirrel sometime. Never have.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Caterpillar, armadillo, dog, cat, birds of prey, mice and roaches are about the only critters I have not intentionally tried. :D

little rascal

For some reason

I always thought Mealworms, and Crickets would be good! I raise mealworms but have not eaten any. I sawb a show where they fried tarantulas and said they tasted like mini soft shelled crab? Now I would be all over that!

sbroadwell

I'll try almost anything, once. :)

Weird stuff I've tried:
rattlesnake
veal
rabbit
grasshopper
dried okra
mustard on Doritos
froglegs
soft shelled crab

Y'all might not think some of those are "weird" but I sure did. Only thing in that list worth a dang was the mustard on the Doritos and the frog legs.
:)

I'd like to try squirrel sometime. Never have.

I grew up eating squirrel. Not too much different than rabbit, or cat.

I've had all of those on your list except the grasshopper. I ain't eating no bugs or worms, no way.
And, veal is the best beef there is. I get a veal chop every chance I get.

hunterofopportunity

I always thought Mealworms, and Crickets would be good! I raise mealworms but have not eaten any. I sawb a show where they fried tarantulas and said they tasted like mini soft shelled crab? Now I would be all over that!

I'm not eating bugs or bait and dang sure ain't eating no spider. I don't care if they taste like butter pecan ice cream.