A guy walks into your church ...

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
What choice does a child have in choosing his father?

And even men who are fathers may acknowledge their children as their own...but be extremely hard pressed to say "I chose you as a particular child" (Out of a million sperm)

Men know happenstance by exception (the exception being ignorance of all being perfectly ordered according to an intent eternal) and live in the world of yes...and no...both toward God...and then in perfect consequence toward one another.

As usual I have no idea what you are saying nor how it pertains to ...........well quiet frankly, anything.

gemcgrew

He is still sovern over creation start to finish, however each individual has free will to accept or reject him.
The second part of your statement renders the first part meaningless.
I honestly don't see how anyone can dispute our free will.
You may never be enabled to see it. You may never be enabled to recognize your own contradictions.

You may be enabled to continually flop around.

SemperFiDawg

The second part of your statement renders the first part meaningless.

You may never be enabled to see it. You may never be enabled to recognize your own contradictions.

You may be enabled to continually flop around.

I could ask you to attempt to defend your statements, but I get the distinct impression it would be a waste of your effort and my time, so i won't.

Artfuldodger

Banjo Picker is on a roll;

"God's power gives each one "all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue" (2 Pet. 1:3-10)."

egomaniac247

IF it is "the biggie", the first question is "who made it "the biggie"? Scripture doesn't give it that status.

What about them?

If the answers you seek are to be found, it will be in diligent, prayerful study, not by throwing up lists on an internet forum.

So in other words, rather than having an adult discussion with a fellow christian, you choose to not answer any of the questions, defer the person to google, and be snarky in your response.

I'm sure that's exactly what our God had in mind when a Christians asks another for clarity.

gemcgrew

So in other words, rather than having an adult discussion with a fellow christian, you choose to not answer any of the questions, defer the person to google, and be snarky in your response.

I'm sure that's exactly what our God had in mind when a Christians asks another for clarity.
How can you be sure? Didn't you admit to being "legitimately confused"?

Israel

BANNED
SFD, I think for whatever reason we often find ourselves (you and I) at an impasse. The fault may indeed be with me, God knows.

A man may operate in that place where he is "surprised" to discover another one is a believer...perhaps even as Jesus marvelled at the Centurion's faith...if one can receive that.

But God, the Father? Is there anything unknown to Him, anyone unknown to Him? Jesus deferred to His knowing in all things, about all things, confident the Father, above all knew His own among all, and it is of those Jesus speaks when He says "all that the Father gives me".

Even when speaking to Pilate Jesus asked "do you say this of yourself...or hear it from others?" Jesus well knew, no one could know who He was apart from the Father's work of enlightening by the Spirit. (As with Simon Peter)

That, in some sense is what I was getting at.
The Father always knows "His own". And He has given, without exception, each and every to Jesus..."I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand."

Last edited:

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten

Sorry, I am inexperienced in having adult conversations with those who think that a to suggest "diligent, prayerful study" is to "defer the person to google".

If you have questions that reflect prior personal spiritual effort through prayer and study, those questions sometimes generate a serious discussion here, usually with elements that are difficult to view as serious.

If you are inexperienced in spiritual study of scripture (that means dedicating as much time as God requires), I would suggest that Matthew 5:17 through the end of the chapter as a good place that relates to your previous post.

SemperFiDawg

SFD, I think for whatever reason we often find ourselves (you and I) at an impasse. The fault may indeed be with me, God knows.

A man may operate in that place where he is "surprised" to discover another one is a believer...perhaps even as Jesus marvelled at the Centurion's faith...if one can receive that.

But God, the Father? Is there anything unknown to Him, anyone unknown to Him? Jesus deferred to His knowing in all things, about all things, confident the Father, above all knew His own among all, and it is of those Jesus speaks when He says "all that the Father gives me".

Even when speaking to Pilate Jesus asked "do you say this of yourself...or hear it from others?" Jesus well knew, no one could know who He was apart from the Father's work of enlightening by the Spirit. (As with Simon Peter)

That, in some sense is what I was getting at.
The Father always knows "His own". And He has given, without exception, each and every to Jesus..."I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand."

An impass is mostly associated with a disagreement. It's not that I agree or disagree with you. It's that I can't comprehend your post, and I won't bother taking the time to attempt to decipher them just to accommodate your eccentricity.

I tend to agree with C.S. Lewis when he said something to the effect of "If a man can't explain something clearly, in simple terms, he doesn't understand what he's speaking of very well. That is how I feel about your post.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

An impass is mostly associated with a disagreement. It's not that I agree or disagree with you. It's that I can't comprehend your post, and I won't bother taking the time to attempt to decipher them just to accommodate your eccentricity.

I tend to agree with C.S. Lewis when he said something to the effect of "If a man can't explain something clearly, in simple terms, he doesn't understand what he's speaking of very well. That is how I feel about your post.

I think this is what Israel was saying;

When Jesus came to that place, He looked up and said, "Zacchaeus, hurry down, for I must stay at your house today."

I'll admit, I too have a hard time following him sometimes.

SemperFiDawg

Sorry, I am inexperienced in having adult conversations with those who think that a to suggest "diligent, prayerful study" is to "defer the person to google".

Ouch!:stir::stir::stir:

Israel

BANNED

gemcgrew

I could ask you to attempt to defend your statements, but I get the distinct impression it would be a waste of your effort and my time, so i won't.
"He is still sovern over creation start to finish, however each individual has free will to accept or reject him."
This is an unintelligible statement. Just because you can say something, does not make it logical, meaningful.

Study it and figure it out. Look what you were able to accomplish in one complete sentence.

Absolutely nothing.

SemperFiDawg

"He is still sovern over creation start to finish, however each individual has free will to accept or reject him."
This is an unintelligible statement. Just because you can say something, does not make it logical, meaningful.

Study it and figure it out. Look what you were able to accomplish in one complete sentence.

Absolutely nothing.

Oh brother facepalm: Not only an automaton, but one that's stuck repeating himself.

Well I guess you win. Congrats. You just disproved the theory that a being is capable of thought, will and action.

Gonna leave a lot of theologians and philosophers wondering just what Image of God we are made in, but that's beside the point.

Again. Congrats.

P.S. You may want to start studying up on the whole, "God the author of evil" argument the Athiest among others, are bound to bludgeon you with now that you've disproved free-will. Oh! Sorry. Forgot. You're an automaton (i.e. incapable of independent thought); they aren't.

hobbs27

Oh brother facepalm: Not only an automaton, but one that's stuck repeating himself.

Well I guess you win. Congrats. You just disproved the theory that a being is capable of thought, will and action.

Gonna leave a lot of theologians and philosophers wondering just what Image of God we are made in, but that's beside the point.

Again. Congrats.

Some good advice.. Maybe.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1492783900587.jpg
    FB_IMG_1492783900587.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 37

SemperFiDawg

Calvinist? Don't know it. None in my Bible, only Christians.

gemcgrew

Again. Congrats.

P.S. You may want to start studying up on the whole, "God the author of evil" argument the Athiest among others, are bound to bludgeon you with now that you've disproved free-will. Oh! Sorry. Forgot. You're an automaton (i.e. incapable of independent thought); they aren't.

All that effort and this is still an unintelligible statement.

Perhaps somebody with more patience than me will point it out to you.

Nice attempt at deflection though.