Oconee Hybrids

flingin1

Fish were chewing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 889

REUSSERY

Exactly how do you clean/cook your hybrids? I've tried everyway imaginable to clean and cook them but, regardless of how I do it, they just have a poor taste, not nearly as good as LMB or Crappie. What's the best way you've found to clean and cook them?

flingin1

Exactly how do you clean/cook your hybrids? I've tried everyway imaginable to clean and cook them but, regardless of how I do it, they just have a poor taste, not nearly as good as LMB or Crappie. What's the best way you've found to clean and cook them?

I just filet them and cut all the red meat out.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!

Do them like you would an oily or bloody saltwater fish. Cut the gills or down the throat of the fish and let them bleed out. The meat will be white, there won't be much red meat, and they'll taste much better.

Big7

The Oracle
Looks like a "slam dunk" to me.

Most folks don't even know what fine eating fish they are!

Congratulations on a fine trip!

AStrick

Let them marinade in milk, I do all fish this way,, it takes the strong fish taste out!
Fo Sho!

Wjackson11x

Were you using downlines with Shad for bait? We found a bunch on the Garmin, but couldn't get any to participate last weekend. We going back Saturday morning to try them again. We were slow trolling with downlines.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Let them marinade in milk, I do all fish this way,, it takes the strong fish taste out!
Fo Sho!

Try Sprite. It works super good. I personally love to eat smaller hybrids and stripers. A great firm piece of meat that you can prepare many different ways.

flingin1

Were you using downlines with Shad for bait? We found a bunch on the Garmin, but couldn't get any to participate last weekend. We going back Saturday morning to try them again. We were slow trolling with downlines.

Bouy line on the bottom. The only bait I can get them to eat is live shad. If I can't catch bait i go back home. Tried bass minnows before but no luck.

Latest posts