Little Lady took a great WMA bird on what would've been her grandmothers 82 birthday.

Tadder

McKenzie got drawn for an adult child hunt the week after spring break. We were in Texas for ASA Pro/Am ARCHERY SHOOT for the first few days of the hunt so we didn't expect too get a bird but we just wanted too camp and enjoy our time in GODS Country. 1st morning started quite, late afternoon we finally got on 1 gobbling, only too have someone bump him off us. We went too where we though he might go rust the next morning at 1st light. He gobbled but he sound like a jake too start with. We set up and let him gobble some and he got too sounding off full roll gobbles. I thought too myself this bird ain't no jake he just old and smart. I finally gave him a tree yelp and fly down call. Nothing, I thought I had messed things up and boom he Gobbled on the ground about 80yds out. He starts moving too her right and she moved the gun like a pro. I didn't really want him too come in close on our right so I threw some calls too our left and he gobble double and turn back 30yds out going back too our left, she moved the gun following his gobble as he came struten in. He gobbled 2 times for the cam and she gave him a dirt nap. She was so happy and was really happy too see his gear, She named him NANNY'S BIRD, in honor of my mama, He had a 10" beard, 1 3/8" spurs and weighted 20lbs. GOD BLESSED us both with a lot of great memories.CONGRATS BABY GIRL , DAD really enjoyed being with you on this special hunt THANK YOU AND GOD for this time. Pic's not loading, well upload again later.

Last edited:

Steve Roberts

Awesome!!! WTG young lady!!! Congrats to you both!!! :flag:

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Goodness what a whopper. Congrats to you both!

Gaswamp

that's what its all about...congrats young lady

wvdawg

Staff member
Congrats to you both on the success and memories!

Tadder

This maybe the only gobbler we get this season and thats just fine because she is HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, THANKS for all the nice post.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats to y'all , love seeing kids in the woods with a big ol smile !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
What a Nice bird! Way to go young lady! I know daddy is proud!!:cheers: