Primos 35 truth cam

willie1971

I did my 3rd check on this camera last week. Died, and will not turn on. 3 months old. New batteries did not solve the problem.

Anybody have any problems with this camera?

Will not be buying another one.

hoppie

I'll put it this way, I was happy when mine was stolen

rjcruiser

Mine lasted 1.5 years. Not too pleased with it, but it was $100-$120 so I can't get too upset. Much happier with my Covert.

Todd E

Exchange defective cam(under warranty) for Proof 01 cam by Primos. Its an $89 cam, but this thing has been a great little cam for me. I hated the truth cams. No longevity.

BuckNasty83

I've had one 3 yrs. It'll give me white pics at times, but surprisingly still going strong. Had to dry it in the sun on the dash recently. It came back to life. Least favorite cam, but it won't die. WGI won't either. 3 Browning darks ops crapped on me in 6 months though.

Try putting it on your dash in the sun for a few days and see if that helps, or a bag of rice. Been pretty wet lately

PappyHoel

You get 1 year of use for every $100 you spend on a camera.

Geestring

I had one that worked flawlessly for about a year. I went to get it out of the woods one day because it had been out a while and the batteries were dead. I installed new batteries, turned it on and it came on fine. The next morning I went to put it out again and couldn't get it to power back up for nothing. I installed more batteries to make sure the ones in it weren't dead but that wasn't the problem. Needless to say, I file 13'd it!!!
Last February I bought a primos workhorse camera from Walmart for $49. It worked fine for about three months and it screwed up too. To file 13 it went..

ucfireman

Had an older one, the big one, worked fine until the ants got into it. I dropped it on the ground to knock the out and now the focus is messed up. Got a truth 46 that works good for now.
Anybody know about the primos workhorse?

rjcruiser

eh...not sure I agree with that.

My Covert is still running strong almost 3 years in and I'm in it for $140.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I have 7 Truthcam 35's between 2-5 years old. The older ones have started losing sensing range. The 2 newest ones had "mushy" buttons right out of the box.
Overall, i've been happy with them but there are better ones out there.

redwards

At that rate my DLC Covert II should have died 5 years ago!
It is my most dependable camera....just stays on a tree in the woods and keeps on snapping pictures!!

Last edited:

Hit-n-Miss

I've got 2 of the D cell 35's 3 years plus. The flash gets weak when batts get real low. I love the range of the detection circuit. I just put out a Primos Proof 3 cam today from trailcampro. We will see if as good as the Brownings I have.

Arrow Flinger

Bought 2. Got less than a season out of them. Sent both back for repair and got 2 new cameras back. One lasted 3 months the other is working on 2 years. They are very picky on cards though. Some times they work, other times they don't.

hoytman308

I will never buy a primos camera again. Will primos should be ashamed how his products have failed people. I won't even watch his videos anymore. The customer service stinks to say the least. Moultrie is the way to go for me!!

Todd E

This is why the TC game is such a crap shoot. I'm running a Proof 1 and the thing is awesome. But on the other hand, I can't stand Moultrie cams. I won't recommend Moultrie to any of my friends. Nope.

willie1971

Bought 2. Got less than a season out of them. Sent both back for repair and got 2 new cameras back. One lasted 3 months the other is working on 2 years. They are very picky on cards though. Some times they work, other times they don't.

Interesting about being "picky" on cards.... I am having a heck of a time with cards not working this year. They seem to have a mind of their own.

Flaustin1

I had one that didn't work from day one. They wouldn't do crap about it either. Wanted to charge what the camera was worth to fix it.

Hit-n-Miss

I had a bad primos sent it back and got a new one no prob. I like my Brownings. My I-40 Moultrie just died it was probably 7 years old. Don't know if it has anything to do with the longevity I've been getting but my cams stay out year round.