Moultrie M-990i Gen2 Cam $87.99 NEW

livetohunt

If it was last years 990i I would buy a few. They are great cameras, but the newer gen 2's have had a lot of issues..Thanks for posting though.

Last edited:

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I have a fairly new GEN 2 that will not take night pics, and it is going back this week.

livetohunt

Dang, I just ordered one the other day. What other issues? I see GAGEs above

I have heard reliability issues. Supposedly they switched manufacturers, probably to save money, and now a problem.

I have heard reliability issues. Supposedly they switched manufacturers, probably to save money, and now a problem.

While researching the new Gen2 models I was hearing that the 2013 and 2014 models had these problems. They are build fully enclosed now so the camera and electronics don't get exposed to the weather. They just have a nicely sealed door on the lower front now to access the function area. We will see, I have only had it for a month so hopefully they got things worked out.

snooker1

Got one this year, takes awesome daytime photos but night photos are just a black screen. Spent a little extra money and got a Browning Strike Force, takes awesome day and night time photos.

Got one this year, takes awesome daytime photos but night photos are just a black screen. Spent a little extra money and got a Browning Strike Force, takes awesome day and night time photos.

Was yours a Gen2 version? I know the original 990i's had this problem. So far mine has been working fine.
Here is one of my night shots with the M-990i Gen2.

Attachments

• MFDC0063.jpg
    MFDC0063.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 315