Suggest best trail cam for $100-150?

dawgvet

I haven't had a trail cam for several years (last one stolen) and I had a couple gift cards to use. I was looking for suggestions for good trail cam in the $100-150 range.

I had read about Browning Strike Force or Dark Ops and also Stealth Cam g42.
Also, how big a difference is there between the 'no-glow' infrared versus the regular red glowing infrared LEDs?

Any tips appreciated.
Thanks,
Jed

Last edited:

Buckfever

I bought 2 of the Stealth NG42 and haven't been impressed with them, but the G46 may be better.

meathammer

browning strike force for sure. look around a little. I found them new for 99 dollars off ebay with free shipping. the infrared do much better at night for me. I want quality night time pics seeing how that's when 99 percent of bigger deer are photographed.

rjcruiser

Covert fan here. Have a black 60 that is great.

Biggest difference between black flash and red flash is that the black flash nighttime photos won't be quiet as clear. A little more blur to them...but to me, worth it.

MFOSTER

BANNED
browning strike force for sure. look around a little. I found them new for 99 dollars off ebay with free shipping. the infrared do much better at night for me. I want quality night time pics seeing how that's when 99 percent of bigger deer are photographed.

X2 and easy to operate

HighCotton

I've owned and used Moultrie for many years. Very reliable, easy to operate, and great quality. For the money, I think the best camera out there.

GameMgr270

Browning dark ops HD or strike force HD for the money. You would choose black flash over red flash if total concealment was your concern. Both can be had for under 115 on eBay.

another vote for the browning dark ops, I have a few and have not had a single problem with them...always something with my other cameras

shdw633

I've owned and used Moultrie for many years. Very reliable, easy to operate, and great quality. For the money, I think the best camera out there.

I agree, I have four 990i's and love them

dawgvet

Well, I finally decided on a cam and went with the Browning Dark Ops HD. Any experience or tips with this cam?
Thanks for all of your input as it was helpful.
I will post my impressions of using it as I get it up and running.
I am hoping to get an idea of what deer made it through the season on our lease. Hopefully give me something to look forward to next year!
Thanks,
Jed

jwillban

Another vote for the strike force. It was a great camera up until mine, too, was stolen. The CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored.

ihuntcatahoula

Personally I think the GoCam by spartan is the way to go. Never had a wireless cam before this one and I love it. Not to mention if it gets stolen I'm gonna have pictures of the CensoredCensoredCensored so I can hunt him down and...... well you know.

Sundays Money

i run 10-12 cams majority are covert, 2 covert cellular and one spartan cellular,one browning strike force, one cudde, one spy point and two moultrie
the browning strike force is great for the $$ great video and sound,
i also have one cudde and it will be the last
spy point has been good and battery life seems better than the rest
i also run two moultrie
but i still put the coverts up first

Latest posts