Seems like the deer are starting to hit the plot in bigger groups now. Didn't get any bucks on camera this time around but the does are looking fat and healthy so hopefully we have a good fawn drop this summer.
For a proof of concept setup it's working well at putting deer in front of the camera. The total plot is only about 500 sq ft of rye planted in two similar sized sections about 50ft apart. It runs alongside an existing deer path that runs from bedding areas in a big tract of land that doesn't get hunted to feeding areas inside the neighborhood. I set up a water trough on the far side of the trail near the lower plot back in November and I put down minerals when I set up the cam on the other side of the plot.