Tony Campolo

centerpin fan

The Lord has reportedly been growing increasingly worried in recent years that His objective morals seem to be more and more out of step with the current culture’s ever-changing standards. According to insiders, the Almighty Creator of the entire universe has been struggling with inner turmoil over the outdated nature of His commands centering around human sexuality, marriage, and gender identity for “a while now.”

In related news, there was a NY Post article today about a "Christian dominatrix". I kid you not.

I won't link to it, but the article (and accompanying video) has to be seen to be believed.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Read about the Christian Dom. Could have straight from Babylon Bee.....except it didn't.

jmharris23

Tony Campalo has been on the teetering edge of being a raging liberal for years now. I just assumed he had already come out with this stance years ago.

centerpin fan

Tony Campalo has been on the teetering edge of being a raging liberal for years now. I just assumed he had already come out with this stance years ago.

Years ago, I read one of his books and actually thought it was pretty good. Either he had not gone off the deep end at that time or he was just hiding it well.

Artfuldodger

Maybe he has always been "out there somewhere"

He had a “GRADUAL” SALVATION EXPERIENCE.

"CAMPOLO BELIEVES IN EVOLUTION "

"CAMPOLO DOESN’T BELIEVE THAT THE BIBLE IS INERRANTLY INSPIRED"

"CAMPOLO DESCRIBES MAN AS DIVINE"

"CAMPOLO BELIEVES NON-CHRISTIANS MIGHT GO TO HEAVEN'

I think maybe his view on this is comparable to the Reformed view in that God calls or elects them without ever hearing the gospel. They know and believe in God so therefore they believe in Jesus.
I don't think it's like he is saying Hindus go to heaven. Scripture used was Romans 2:14-16.

"CAMPOLO BELIEVES WE ARE BUILDING THE KINGDOM OF GOD TODAY"

"CAMPOLO HATES DISPENSATIONALISM"

"Tony Campolo co-authored a book with Mary Darling that promotes contemplative spirituality."

Basically he meditates.

"CAMPOLO BELIEVES IN FEMALE CHURCH LEADERS"

https://www.wayoflife.org/database/beware_of_tony_campolo.html

jmharris23

Years ago, I read one of his books and actually thought it was pretty good. Either he had not gone off the deep end at that time or he was just hiding it well.

I may have read the same book. I liked it and him a lot, but have followed him over the years and he certainly leans a little farther left every year.