Cabelas 1x6 scope for an AR

JohnK

I’m piddling around with an AR and want a 1x6 scope. Cabela has one for $200 that includes the mount…. any body have one and want to offer an opinion? (They say lifetime warranty)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Buddy of mine has one of their cheap muzzleloader scopes that he's been using for twenty years and probably killed 50 deer or more with, if that says anything.

Ajohnson0587

I’m piddling around with an AR and want a 1x6 scope. Cabela has one for $200 that includes the mount…. any body have one and want to offer an opinion? (They say lifetime warranty)

If your just piddling around, then I'd say try it out...

Klondike

2 recommendations

Vortex strike eagle or Bushnell mtac

transfixer

Cabelas doesn't make it I'm sure, so its likely made by one of the other scope companies, if the magnification and reticle design fits your needs , go for it !

killerv

I don't know, my buddy bought a couple cabelas scopes for his rimfires trying to upgrade from old simmon 8pt/tasco stuff. Honestly, they felt and looked just as cheaply made. I'm sure their higher end stuff maybe nice, but never tried one.

It's not a 1-6, but I just picked up a leupold vx-hog for 210, without a mount of course. Gonna put it on an ar. It's a little gimmicky but i'm impressed with it. lifetime warranty plus you know what you are getting with a leupold. lotta people liking this little scopes.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have one of those Bushnell 1-4 AR scopes that didn't cost much, and works well. I've piled a lot of rounds up with it, and killed several deer too with no problems.

transfixer

I bought a Weaver Kaspa 1.5x6x32 w/ IR last year, mainly because of the 30mm tube and 32mm objective, light gathering ability is great, glass clarity is excellent, so far its held up with no issues at all, they can be found for less than $200 if you look around.

JohnK

I'm fickle.....looking at Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6 now. They're $100 plus cheaper on ebay than in the stores so I'm wondering if they could be Chinese knockoffs? I've never heard of the Weaver Kaspa so I'll check it out.

killerv

I'm fickle.....looking at Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6 now. They're $100 plus cheaper on ebay than in the stores so I'm wondering if they could be Chinese knockoffs? I've never heard of the Weaver Kaspa so I'll check it out.

I chinese knockoff of an imported asian scope. I know their cheaper lines are made in china and the philipines...don't know about their real nice stuff.

transfixer

Pretty much all the scopes that are $250-$300 and under are made in China anymore, regardless of whose name is on them, but a lot of them seem to have some pretty good glass in them, I know a lot of Vortex's stuff is made in China, not sure where their higher end stuff is made, probably Japan, I doubt I'll ever own the higher end stuff Vortex has, or Nightforce either...:(

transfixer

Weaver's Kaspa line is made in China, I bought one of the 3x12x44 tactical scopes a couple years ago for a heavy barrel .308 I have, and so far have been impressed ! Very clear and bright at dusk, if you read the reviews on Midway pretty much everyone gave the scope 4 or 5 stars. I didn't need a $800 or $1000 scope, this one more than suits my purpose. I bought the 1.5 x 6 Kaspa scope after I'd had the other one for a while. So far no complaints with either.

Swamperdog

Primary Arms is also a good option for a 1-6. They get really good reviews from their user base since they do a lot of field testing and stand behind their products.

killerv

shot my vx-hog on my psa carbine last night for the first time, after I got it sighted in, hit a 1in circle at 100 yards with it. Put it up after that, it's good to go and ready for my 6yo. I was surprised I could do that with a 1-4, first time using one.