should it be this hot?

PappyHoel

Always for the last 30 years since I've hunted. It's generally between 80-85 on opening day of rifle. Ne ga

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Seems like summer was milder and looooonger than usual. The night time temps haven’t even dropped off yet.

oldfella1962

Seems like summer was milder and looooonger than usual. The night time temps haven’t even dropped off yet.

I think that's it - it hasn't been starting out cool in the morning, so once it starts to heat up it heats up a lot faster, and takes forever to cool down. Maybe the cloud cover is holding in the heat at night. Late afternoon hunts are always hot this time of year, but at least mornings are okay. But lately even early mornings are already very warm/hot.

01Foreman400

Staff member
The humidity isn’t normally this high for this time of year. The temps are always all over the place though.

Blisterapine

We only have cool fronts for 1 to 3 days then the default temp is back to 80.. that's our fall and winter here and it is dreadful.

oldfella1962

I must say though later in the season mid-day it's great weather. Here on Fort Gordon (because a tiny bit of the post is in Jefferson County and considered the southern zone) we get that extra two weeks or month or whatever. Granted the whole state might get that now since rule changes, I don't know. But 50 or 60 degrees in late December or so is awesome!