Adventure Outdoors/Thompson Center

ribber

Adventure Outdoors ad in GON this month has a special where you buy a Thompson Center Compass rifle and get another rifle (or scope) free, including mail in rebates of course.
Is the Compass a solid deer hunting rifle? I see it has a threaded barrel and available in 6.5mm Creedmoor, which is what I'm wanting. I don't know much about Thompson/Center other than they make muzzleloaders.
Also, I'm in the market for my daughter a .243 and I could get her the Savage AxisII for free. Seems to good to be true?

transfixer

Seems like a good deal ! I don't know anything about the Compass rifles, but reading their website they sound good, if they truly give the accuracy they profess ? they should be good, Thompson center must be running a deal trying to get a chunk of the market, I might even go by there to find out how the rebate thing works, I like the Burris Droptine scopes, especially with the Ballistic plex, and they retail around $240 by themselves, so it sounds like a deal if the second item truly ends up being free !

thumper523

Better Call Them

I went by a week after sale started and they were out of free guns and just had a big table of scopes laid out. They were out of the 308 and 6.5

ryanh487

Academy has them for $275 plus a $75 rebate, as over the weekend they had a 10% off everything in the store sale. The .243 I picked up will end up costing $175. My buddy grabbed a 30-06. Awesome deal for guns that have solid reviews.

transfixer

Academy has them for $275 plus a $75 rebate, as over the weekend they had a 10% off everything in the store sale. The .243 I picked up will end up costing $175. My buddy grabbed a 30-06. Awesome deal for guns that have solid reviews.

And they must have been flying out the door, I checked all the Academys around my area and they are out of most caliber choices, I really don't like dealing with Adventure Outdoors, but I may have to check with them tomorrow.

ryanh487

And they must have been flying out the door, I checked all the Academys around my area and they are out of most caliber choices, I really don't like dealing with Adventure Outdoors, but I may have to check with them tomorrow.

Yeah in Kennesaw they were out of the 6.5 creedmore and had only 6 total rifles left including displays at about 3:00 Sunday . By Sunday evening my buddy picked up the 2nd to last 30-06 and they had a .243, .270, and 06 on display and 1 .270 in the back left.

ryanh487

That is a smoking deal on a nice rifle.

The low price tag gave me the courage to do a rattle can camo job on mine. After removing the stock, I am even more impressed. Action is aluminum pillar bedded, barrel is freefloated, and trigger is completely creep free and is around 3.5 lbs. I topped it with a vortex crossfire ii 4-12×44 and will be loading it with federal trophy copper. I'm excited to see what this gun will do once I finish my paint job and let it cure for a week or two.

Bill Mc

As of Thursday, Adventure Outdoors had the 6.5 Creedmoor.