Push Rods

Any of you mud motor guys have a part number for the stock push rods? Wanting to keep a couple in the boat this year as spares.

Not wanting to replace with the billet rods would rather replace a broke rod than a hole in the block.

Last edited:

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
If you break a rod, the cylinder (or the piston) is done. There will be a hole in one or the other. They rarely bend, but that would generally be due to not setting valve lash correctly. I wouldn't worry about keeping rods around unless you bend one. It's not really like its a repair that can be done easily on the water. Should be really easy to find the part number for a Briggs vanguard push rod via the Google.

Gaducker

1026 is a briggs bigblock number but I gotta say I got a lot of hours under my belt with a bigblock and I have never needed a push rod and I use the hot rod ones.. You cant just go out and run these motors like they were an outboard, YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK ON THEM. Check lash often during the first 20 hours. You need resettable breakers and clutch repair kits and tilt and trim switches and throttle cables and the list goes on and on. See the two boxes in the avatar one is a shell box and the other is a 100 lbs of tools. But I aint never needed a pushrod.