Moultrie M100 problems..can they be fixed?

Cypress94

Hey all, thanks in advance. I’ve got an M100, I’ve had it for about 3 years. The first season was fine. Pulled the camera and it didn’t get used for a while. Put it back out last year, and I forgot and left it in the woods all spring/summer (it stays in a Moultrie lock box). When I took it out of course the batteries were long dead and ants had infiltrated the box. I cleaned it all up, didn’t see any indication that ants had penetrated the camera. I started running it again about three weeks ago. It ran 2 weeks on rechargeable batteries, then it seemed to be taking intermittent pictures and some of the exposures in low light were bad. I swapped the batteries out for fresh Duracell’s last Saturday, opened the camera this morning and it’s showing only 20% battery life left. Looks like time/date also went crazy on it. Is there a fix, should I get a new camera, or?

And not to get into a Ford/Chevy kind of discussion, but what cameras tend to be the most durable? Did my handling of the camera cause this issue?

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Cypress,
I may be totally wrong but i think the M100 came out in around 2011. Probably been discontinued for several years.
I have had multiple versions of moultrie cameras for a long time and the one thing they all have in common is the PIR sensor or LED display WILL go bad within 3-5 years depending on use. I do leave cameras out for extended periods and it does take a toll.
Wish i had better news for you but i think you have a paperweight now.

Cypress94

Hey RH thank you. I agree with you yes, I think it’s toast. Thank you for your help!

AceOfTheBase

AAs

oops, need to read all the post !!
probably some moisture at the wrong place causing excess current drain.
not a good sign..

N

NantucketShedHunter

When the M100 first came out it had a firmware update only after a few weeks. Try installing the update. I know it cures battery drain. I have two of them. Great cameras.