Deer tags...Do I still need them?

Fork Horn

Do I still need deer tags? The last several years I've printed out deer tags and filled them out as I've shot deer. With the app for checking out deer, do I still need tags? What about land owner tags for my family that doesnt have a license but will hunt only on their own property? His does this now work?

Thanks for any help you can share.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
No need to print the harvest record the app is all u need

waldenjg

Paper is only good for toilet paper these days. Year 2 updated the app to not even require cell signal.

Curvebow05

I'll be that guy and ask before I go back and double check. So if we don't need to carry tags because of the app, then we don't need a paper license either correct?

DAVE

I think there is some bad information in this thread. The regulations state that a deer hunter must carry a license, ID, harvest record and record kill at site. If an app on a phone is good so be it but not all hunters carry a smart phone. How do you record your kill with out a harvest record?

jakebuddy

The app is sufficient to carry it's the same as having paper. Everyone that hunts deer needs a harvest record which can be put on the app every deer ( whether on your land or not ) has to be tagged and they count toward your season limit. The deer can be tagged on the app through the game check selection. Just be sure to sync it with your license on the license page.It's always a good idea to have a back up in anything print one out leave it in the truck or your pack.