Urban vs high fence hunting

bowandgun

I would think the urban deer would be harder to kill than the high fence and be considered more of a challenge. I don't know that I would go to a high fence place to hunt.

01Foreman400

Staff member
It's not easy having to run thru folks yards to try and find your deer. That's already been proven folks.

With that being said I just have no desire to hunt that way. I lost a lot of respect for that kind of hunting after that show. To each his own though.

ProAngler

I disagree on the fenced deer being the same as urban deer. I have hunted both . I have also harvested both. Mtn. deer are a lot more jumpy to say the least . but urban deer are still a wild animal. Smell is not as much of a factor with the urban deer movement is a very big one. I used to live in Tn. and we have 14 ace in what is now in the city . Across the creek from us is a wma which some very nice bucks have came from . They usually cross when the hunting pressure gets high on to our land. But never the less they are wild . So let me ask this sence the W.M.A is in the city limits does that make all the bow hunters that set foot on that property basicly non hunters as they are shooting fish in a barrel so to speak. W.M.A is 350 ac . which is surrounded by a golf course and lots of houseing. It also is less than 1/4 mi from state park. So is that cheating as well .. I beg to differ. However I would like to see a reply on this.

I'm talking about hunting sub divisions, or the 200 yards or less that separate subdivisions and strip malls, not WMA's