Scope Recommendation

Buckstop

Leupold Vari x 3i with the 30mm tube. Excellent in low light. If you hunt many open places n fields the 4.5 x 14 is nice. Lower magnification is fine if you hunt mostly woods.

sghoghunter

I have a bushnel trophy xlt with 30mm tubes and a vortex crossfire ll with 30mm tubes and both are very good in low light

T-N-T

Leupold
Zeiss

Leupold. Ive never bought another brand since I bought the first 4.5-14x50 Leupold. Im not saying they are the best, Ive just never looked through a scope any clearer.
Not to mention the eye relief. I have more VX2's than 3'. Cant tell any difference between the 2.

stringmusic

I bought a Nikon monarch 4x16x50 off amazon for $480 I think. I love it. I'm sure other scopes are great too, but the Nikon is a great scope.

Jim Boyd

Meopta or Zeiss

$$ for $$ - no one is close except maybe Vortex.

Good luck.

Rich M

Meopta - Cabelas sells them as their euro line. On sale right now I think.

Zeiss conquest is nice if you can get it in your range.

Otherwise I believe the Leupold VX-3i is the best bang for your buck with a scope. Do not get a scope less than VX-3i from Leupold - I have a VX-2 and it is difficult in low light. Dad's got a VX-3 and it is better in low light.

Vortex isn't all that - but if you want Vortex you have to go Viper or better. Their warranty only mirrors Leupold's warranty, don't let anyone tell you diff - they have to or never would have gotten off the ground. I have a Viper.

Also don't get too caught up on the 1-inch vs 30 mm tubes. The tubes don't do anything for light. The 30 mm tube is to allow for more scope windage & elevation adjustment.

lonewolf247

Meopta - Cabelas sells them as their euro line. On sale right now I think.

Zeiss conquest is nice if you can get it in your range.

Otherwise I believe the Leupold VX-3i is the best bang for your buck with a scope. Do not get a scope less than VX-3i from Leupold - I have a VX-2 and it is difficult in low light. Dad's got a VX-3 and it is better in low light.

Vortex isn't all that - but if you want Vortex you have to go Viper or better. Their warranty only mirrors Leupold's warranty, don't let anyone tell you diff - they have to or never would have gotten off the ground. I have a Viper.

Also don't get too caught up on the 1-inch vs 30 mm tubes. The tubes don't do anything for light. The 30 mm tube is to allow for more scope windage & elevation adjustment.

Good info!:cheers:

First, thanks for all the great advice and suggestions. After reading the reviews and doing a lot of research I am going to purchase the Leopold Leupold VX-3i 4.5x14x50mm.

Thanks again!

Buford_Dawg

Great choice...

Nikon and Leupold are the only scopes that sit on my guns. Both are exceptional for the price. My son recently put a Vortex on a AR and I must say it is clear and for the $$$ appears to be a great value.