Georgia "black panther" scream captured on tape--for real!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yep!! Knowed it all along!! :D

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hunt with a guy from New Jersey who won't go in the woods before daylight because of that sound:rofl::rofl:

Gentleman4561

Oh my. That thing needs to be put down.

EEFowl

That may be what a red fox sounds like, but I know what I................blah, blah,....... and my brother heard...........blah, blah,blah,..............and once we were at.............blah, blah.....................

EF

Beehaw

I think real black panthers are smart enough to be silent, that is why nobody ever lives to tell about them.

It is amazing that they have been able to make fox's do what they tell them and make that sound on command!

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting this, Throwback!
I've heard it before while hunting, but had no clue what it was!

FX Jenkins

I jumped a little in my seat both times...

SneekEE

Yeah right, anyone can see that the fox belongs to one of those people who do not believe in black panthers, and they have trained the fox to bark like a black panther screams. You gunna have to get up alot earlir than a worm in the mornin to get the, early bird.. before you... pull, well, just saying, i see right through you man, right through you.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
:) There's one runs the ridge above my house about one night a week right after dark screeching just like that. (a fox, not a painter. :) ) I hit him with a spotlight the other night, and he about turned wrong-side out. I've been out coon hunting with people before who swore that a fox screeching was a panther, same with those blood-curdling piercing screams that barred owls let out sometimes. Nothing will convince 'em that it's not a panther. The funny thing is, real black panthers can't even scream-they belong to the roaring family of big cats. They can make roaring, snarling, and coughing noises, but can't scream.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
and it had a Loooooooooong tail.....

and a swaaaaaaaaaaayed back.....

T

shea900

Don't a bobcat make a noise like that too?