Why We hate You and Why We Fight You

Artfuldodger

I agree with Madman, God does forgive. I was just showing examples of good changes as the Church progresses towards teaching God's forgiveness and away from legalism.

Madman

I agree with Madman, God does forgive. I was just showing examples of good changes as the Church progresses towards teaching God's forgiveness and away from legalism.

I don't believe they are necessarily "good changes". Is it better now that a large part of society applauds pregnancy outside of marriage? or was it better when society acknowledged that it was not good for the sake of the mother, the child, and society yet made quiet provisions for the mother and the child?

God calls us to holiness, man thinks that can be achieved with laws, it can only be achieved by knowledge of God and of sin.

By knowing the law we know sin, by knowing God we know the correct path and what is correct. As Christians when we fall there is a means of repentance and forgiveness.

Madman

“Tolerance is the last virtue of a depraved society. When you have an immoral society that has blatantly, proudly, violated all of the commandments of God, there is one last virtue they insist upon: tolerance for their immorality. They will not have you condemning what they have done as being wrong, and they have created a belief system in which it is not, and in which they are no longer the criminal or the villain or the evil person, but you are!”
D. James Kennedy

Unfortunately this is where we have gotten to, even a large part of the church.

Artfuldodger

Romans 1:32
Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.