I told her how it was gonna be......now I need some backup folks....

Dub

Thanks, guys.

The wife and and I discussed this again today........it would seem that she is onboard and ready.

Now it's a simple matter of me making up my mind......and taking action.

ghadarits

Drahthaar...they do it all.
I’m going to second the Drahthaar. I have a Yellow Lab and she’s an absolutely fantastic dog. She’s a great retriever and family pet but……. I also have a Draht (my first) and she’s turning out to be as good a retriever as the Lab and while doing that brings a lot of other abilities to bear. She brings me turtles, opossums, chipmunks and the animals I send her after. She’ll blood track the deer you’re having a hard time finding and point upland birds with the best of them. Last Saturday she retrieved her first duck with ice in her beard and was ready to go as long as I wanted to.IMG_6703.pngIMG_8768.jpeg

ghadarits

And a man needs a dog to ride, fish, explore and adventure with. Its imprinted in my DNA as a requirement.

Mark Brooks

Snowy River Labs in AR have great dogs for family dogs and training for hunting. Mine does dove, ducks, and pheasant. He

Attachments

• Neville With Wood Duck.jpg
    Neville With Wood Duck.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 9

sparky

boykins will not knock stuff over in the house,no tail ,labs will knock stuff over,but they are happy about it,always wagging !

TJay

If I was younger and had it to do over again I would have an Airedale. Never had one but I think they would make a fine companion.

Dub

@Dub how did the getting a lab retriever dog go ?

It hasn't.

Cancer arrived shortly after my prior post in this thread.

My wife succumbed to the evil cancer in April of 2021.

It wouldn't be responsible of me to bring a puppy home until I retire in a few years. Nobody to care for it while I'm at work.

There will be a future time when it'll be perfect, Lord willing.....but, that time isn't right now....as much as I'll love for it to be.

It hasn't.

Cancer arrived shortly after my prior post in this thread.

My wife succumbed to the evil cancer in April of 2021.

It wouldn't be responsible of me to bring a puppy home until I retire in a few years. Nobody to care for it while I'm at work.

There will be a future time when it'll be perfect, Lord willing.....but, that time isn't right now....as much as I'll love for it to be.
Dang hate to hear that ! Evil disease for sure. Wish you well with whatever comes next .

Reactions: Dub