Anybody seen any elusive WSSM ammo lately?

smokey30725

Anyone seen any WSSM ammo lately? If so, where did you find it? Looking for 223, 243, and 25 WSSM calibers.

I see it every now and then. Seems like the outdoor depot in Gainesville had some you might try giving them a call----that of course is if I remember correctly..... :)

RickyB

Walmart on Pleasant Hill in Gwinnett Co. has had it in 243 and a few others for quite some time. It just sits in the lower left corner of the case for months now.

Duluth Walmart Supercenter
2635 Pleasant Hill Rd
Duluth, GA 30096
(770) 418-0162

Lilly001

Reeds on the Internet loads it.

smokey30725

Walmart on Pleasant Hill in Gwinnett Co. has had it in 243 and a few others for quite some time. It just sits in the lower left corner of the case for months now.

Duluth Walmart Supercenter
2635 Pleasant Hill Rd
Duluth, GA 30096
(770) 418-0162

I just spoke with about 10 different people there, and they have no idea what I am talking about. Said they couldn't find it. If you are in there any time soon, let me know what they have and if there's any way we could work out me sending you a money order for the cost and shipping expenses.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I've seen a lot which I'll reload these in the near future. :shoot:- - - - - - - - - - - -

gt40

Attachments

• WSSM BRASS .jpg
    WSSM BRASS .jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 234

smokey30725

Thanks for the link! For some reason, it's not letting me view the page. Keeps telling me that the server can't be found when I click the link to buy it. Just my luck!

jskp89

I bought a 25 WSSM about a year and a half ago with out knowing how hard ammo was to come by. long story short, after spending a few weeks online trying to find some in stock (other than gun broker witch prices are crazy) I ended up going straight to the source. I called Olin who owns and manufactures Winchester ammo and started my rant on how it was ridiculous that they where not making WSSM ammo anymore. After about 2 weeks of phone calls and emails I finally got the right person on the phone. I spoke with both their marketing director and production manager and explained my frustrations on how they havent made any ammo since 2010. After a few great conversations, they not only "assure me" that there was a production run of 243 WSSM and 25 WSSM on the schedule for March of 2016, but they also sent me 4 boxes of 25 WSSM free of charge to hold me over untill the run was made. I received my ammo and waited for a few months for ammo to start showing up online and in big box stores. Guess what, it never did. So once again, I called and spoke with the production manager at Olin and he explained that they had some scheduling conflicts but that it would be made sometime in 2016. At that point I was pretty CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored. All of the research and fourm reading that I had done during my quest to find the ammo explained this very situation (the promise from Olin to make the ammo but them never following through). I sent a series of ill toned emails to the production manager, copying the marketing director, about how it was pretty much CensoredCensored that they wouldnt make any. After a response from them, and few more ill toned emails from me, they made a run of both 243 and 25 in June 2016. Now im not saying that they made it soley beacuse of me, but im sure that what i did helped.

Hopefully some other folks can take the same approach i did in contacting Olin directly and lighting a fire in their butt. If they hear enough of it, maybe they will make another run again in the near future.

When it the stores last year I bought 2 cases so i should be good for a while!