Nightforce Carbon Fiber Tripod

cmshoot

Waited a while for this one, and I'll say that it was worth the wait.

Some of the general features:
As a standard tripod, adjustable from 23"-64"
When in low profile configuration, gets as low as 9"
2 legs are removable and come with attachable wrist straps, turning them into trekking poles, which can also used in a shooting V configuration. These are adjustable from 16"-50".
Stores at a height of 18"
Twist convertible feet, from rubber to spike and back
Due to carbon fiber and aluminum construction, weighs 3.6lbs
Equipment hook at the bottom of the main shaft. If you need more stability, something weighted can be hung from the hook to steady the tripod. You can also hang a bag or basket with accessories in it.

I really like the twist locks for adjusting the height of the legs. A small twist unlocks them, and a small twist securely locks them. Most of the other twist-lock tripods I've had required a goodly twist to unlock. Nightforce's twist-locks are much quicker and easier to use.

I've only played with it in the kitchen so far. I'll have it on the range in a week or so as I need to zero a couple of M4's at 100yds. The first weekend in April I'm running a 2-day Basic Precision Course, so I'll give it a much better shakeout then.

The Nightforce Carbon Fiber tripod comes neatly packaged in a sturdy, black nylon carrying and storage case. It stores up into approximately half the space that all my previous tripods have taken up.

Folded up for storage:

Maximum height:

Lowest height:

Fully adjustable fluid/ball/panning head:

If you order about $10,000 worth of optics and accessories from Nightforce in about a half year, they'll give ya a couple of sharp hats!

Dub

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at only that it's leaps and bounds better than the old walking stick or Primos shooting stick that I've used to steady a rifle, lol.

I've never used a Nightforce scope before.....and I'm sorta scared I'd like it too much. Seldom see bad reviews of their gear and when I do it's someone splitting hairs that I can't even see...

wareagle700

I was looking at those to use with a spotting scope and was wondering about the stability as I am 6'5" and didn't know how sturdy or tall they were with the legs fully extended.

cmshoot

I was looking at those to use with a spotting scope and was wondering about the stability as I am 6'5" and didn't know how sturdy or tall they were with the legs fully extended.

Seems quite sturdy at full height, and would be more so if you hung a weight or some gear from the gear hook. Of course, this is while playing with it on my kitchen floor, I'll know better when I get it to the range.

cmshoot

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at only that it's leaps and bounds better than the old walking stick or Primos shooting stick that I've used to steady a rifle, lol.

I've never used a Nightforce scope before.....and I'm sorta scared I'd like it too much. Seldom see bad reviews of their gear and when I do it's someone splitting hairs that I can't even see...

You ever wanna do some shooting with Nightforce glass, give me a holler! We'll make a range trip out of it.

Dub

You ever wanna do some shooting with Nightforce glass, give me a holler! We'll make a range trip out of it.

:cheers::cheers:

Getting a brand new to me disc for a spine upgrade so I can get shut of this nerve pain. Gonna do this early next week.

Recovery time is expected to be fairly quick and then I'll be ready to do getting back to some fun stuff.

Thank you for the offer. Looking forward to some local range sessions in a couple weeks. Trigger time has been lacking 'round here.

Almost scared to try out the Nightforce stuff as I've been warned that one will find it's way on a rifle or two....:bounce:

cmshoot

:cheers::cheers:

Getting a brand new to me disc for a spine upgrade so I can get shut of this nerve pain. Gonna do this early next week.

Recovery time is expected to be fairly quick and then I'll be ready to do getting back to some fun stuff.

Thank you for the offer. Looking forward to some local range sessions in a couple weeks. Trigger time has been lacking 'round here.

Almost scared to try out the Nightforce stuff as I've been warned that one will find it's way on a rifle or two....:bounce:

They're addictive! I'm hosting a 2-day shoot, open to the public, on a 2,500yd range in SW GA this June. If you're up to it, come on down and stretch your legs!

cmshoot

Had the new tripod on the range several times in the past few weeks. Only used it with a spotting scope so far, haven't shot off of her yet.

No issues, gripes, or complaints so far.

Latest posts