Which one to buy

transfixer

If the wife is like most women, I'd suggest taking her to a range where you can rent both pistols, then let her decide. If she doesn't like the way it feels, or shoots, or just plain doesn't like the way it looks, it doesn't matter how good a gun it is,, she won't carry it ! I learned that the hard way, :)
I took my ex to a couple of gun shows, let her pick up and handle whichever one she thought she might like, let her shoot all the ones we currently had at the time, borrowed a couple of pistols from friends and let her shoot those, till she finally settled on a Beretta px4 storm compact, something I would never have considered getting for her. At least she will carry it, where she wouldn't carry my 38 snub, or lcp 380.

GoldDot40

If the wife is like most women, I'd suggest taking her to a range where you can rent both pistols, then let her decide. If she doesn't like the way it feels, or shoots, or just plain doesn't like the way it looks, it doesn't matter how good a gun it is,, she won't carry it !
Nailed it.