Potatoes Popping Ground!!

Killdee

a few of mine are popping up, i usually plant whole small seed but had to buy bigger stuff and planted them freshly cut with out waiting on them to chit. I was afraid they would rot in the ground but warm weather helped I guess.

Killdee

Cold weather bit and killed my tater sprouts, guess I'll go buy another start. First time I ever had a loss, guess I should have driver over and pulled dirt over em.

Killdee

Well I bought another set of taters, cut em let em chit, went up to plant and low and behold, fresh foliage had popped back up from the dead shriveled tater plants and the rest were just breaking ground. I planted a few where I could sneak some in, will give the rest to my Sister.

Huntinfool

I had that happen a few years ago. Assumed that's what happened this year as well. But it looks like a bunch of mine have rotted in the ground. Never had it happen before. Still trying to decide whether I want to bother planting new at this point.

Killdee

First year I planted it was a little to wet in the first row and was still cold. That row mostly rotted in my he ground. Go ahead and plant, you should still make small taters before it gets to hot

Huntinfool

I ended up just waiting. Definitely have a lot of loss. But, just under half of them seem to have survived and are popping ground now. I planted two 75ft rows. So we'll still end up with plenty of taters. Had wanted to can a bunch. But we'll just end up canning less. I'd say I'll have probably 20-25 plants.

Latest posts