Need input on new aluminum boat

Uptonongood

I'm selling my 17ft fiberglass boat and plan to replace it with a 15ft aluminum. Years ago I had a Fisher Marine boat that was a great craft for fishing smaller inland waters on the Georgia coast. I haven't found Fisher Marine on the internet so I assume they are no longer in business.

I need recommendations on best brand of welded boats available today. I plan to put a 15 hp on it and maybe a bow mounted trolling motor.

Suggestions?

Uptonongood

G3 will definitely be getting a look. Thank you.

MOTS

Most of the game wardens down here in south Ga have Duracraft. I have an Alumacraft and it's great.

I have a Tracker that has held up well in the Saltwater. G3 is a very good boat to.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Lowe makes a good boat also.

Redbow

I would buy most anything but Alumacraft, their warranty isn't worth the paper its written on...

Fadec

I don't own one or have an affiliation with them but War Eagle boats seem to have great reviews and are highly recommended

lonewolf247

In all honesty, if I were in your shoes, I would price the cost of a "custom built" aluminum boat, by a qualified builder, in your area. That way you can have it built, and set up the way you want it, for your needs.

The hull thickness is usually 1/8" or 3/16", and built to last a lifetime!

We are lucky in my area to have several quality builders!

JohnK

I only buy used boats so I have to take what I can find a deal on. They all have lasted good enough for my purposes. Don't sacrifice hp to get what someone says is a better aluminum boat. Too small motors ruin a boat experience for me.