Need snake boots.

hunterz

Don't buy Redhead so called water proof snake boots.
Not water proof and worst purchase I ever made.
Tie up cleats on front of boots dig into ankles so bad ain't even funny. Not buying anything Redhead again. Not supporting poor quality company brands

rondvc

I absolutely love my Danner Pronghorns. A little expensive (but I got mine for 1/3 price on a model change clearance. Fit great and Danners are long wearing well made boots. Alot of leather.
My second choice would be the Lacrosse. They make great boots also. My rubber boots are LaCrosse.

scooty006

I absolutely love my Danner Pronghorns. A little expensive (but I got mine for 1/3 price on a model change clearance. Fit great and Danners are long wearing well made boots. Alot of leather.
My second choice would be the Lacrosse. They make great boots also. My rubber boots are LaCrosse.

I have the Lacrosse alpha snake boots and love them. Rubber and very comfortable.

TomC

Cabelas Pinnacle Gore-Tex front zip...........WHY DID CABELAS DISCONTINUE THESE????????????

The best I've ever owned, mine are going on 5 years and just starting to show wear. Wish I could find something similar!!!!

prydawg

I had a set of the danner jackals for two seasons before the sole came apart from the boot. I still wear them when it is dry and doing stuff around the club, but the pinch your ankle pretty good so usually took a lot of adjusting to get them comfortable. I bought a pair of the Irish Setter Vapor Trek snake boots last year during the Amazon Day sale for well below their current price ( I think I paid right at 115 for them). They are by far the most comfortable snake boot I have worn and they have not leaked and they are like wearing a pair of tennis shoes. They are lace ups, but that is my preference so might not fit the bill for everyone.

NUTT

After returning two pair of the Irish Setter Vapor Trek for leaks; I think I finally have a great pair of snake boots. Sportsman's Guide CS is top notch for me.

transfixer

lacrosse.pngI just ordered a pair of Lacrosse Adder 18in snake boots, they are pull on with loops made into the top, they were one of the only ones with big enough tops to fit my legs. They had pretty good reviews, has anyone had experience with them ?

Bodine

Had the soles rot off 2 pairs of LaCross, and one pair of Rockys.
Both are made in china, so I would beware of any chinese boot with black rubber soles, buy American.
The manager at our local Bass Pro said they get tons of returns on their snake boots for the same reason.

W4DSB

been using lacrosse adders for a couple of years. light weight and no laces or zippers to fool with

Ohoopee Tusker

Don't waste your money on that BP redhead garbage. I've had two pair. The first lasted through one summer of hog hunting and one deer season before the top seperated at the seam. I took those back and was given a second pair. They were even cheaper than the first. The zippers broke within a month and before the first deer season was over both soles seperated. Neither pair were water proof.

Pic added. That black thing on the right is a string I added so I could zip them up after the zipper broke.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-22-16-19-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-22-16-19-51.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 383

shdw633

I just bought a set of Lacrosse Venom Scent snake boots. I really like them and the seem to be higher on my calf then the Redhead and Justin boots that I have and I like the zipper on the side as well.

HughW

After reading I decided I need a pair

Went to basspro and purchased their Lubbock boot.
Like the zip side for easy on /off. Looks like the Chippewa for a whole lot less $$$. Went to the woods yesterday to set a few mineral licks. They were very comfortable and surprisingly not all that hot (of course we have been blessed with a cool May so far).

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 378

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I just ordered a pair of these. I also had a $10 shipping coupon to use. :clap:

gt40

PS: If they fit good I will give them a good coating of MINK OIL.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 11.49.53 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 11.49.53 AM.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 251

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I received them yesterday and they fit good, but a little tight around the ankles. I am sure they will loosen up and be perfect. They look well made.

gt40

PS: I rolled up two pair of blue genes and stuffed them down to the ankles to get them to loosen up. Should work just fine.

Last edited:

Scouter

After reading all these suggestions, Which one actually worked? Has anyone been 'snake bite' on the boot? Did it prevent the fang from reaching the flesh? What name brand boot were you wearing?