Hunting closed wma roads legal?

slayer205

So if a wma road is poated "closed to vehicle access" am I legally able to hunt from that road or does the 50 yard law apply?

whitetailfreak

Yes, if the road is closed to vehicular access you can have a loaded weapon on and hunt from said road.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
No doubt.......keep an eye out for older overgrown logging rds and firebreak type roads/trails that come off of gated roads too. Sometimes you can find quiet traversing in really nice pine thickets etc........hunt on brother, hunt on:cool:

Is the same legal for National Forest Roads? Someone told me once that there were different laws for having a loaded gun on closed roads on National Forests, 50 yard rule applies. Is this true?

one hogman

So if a wma road is poated "closed to vehicle access" am I legally able to hunt from that road or does the 50 yard law apply?

I would call DNR law enforcement and gett a Ranger by name, before I did that, too many armchair lawyers on here, just sayin.:biggrin2:

kiltman

Yes, it's legal to hunt from a closed WMA road. If the gate is open then no. My local WMA has most of it's gates closed year round.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I would call DNR law enforcement and gett a Ranger by name, before I did that, too many armchair lawyers on here, just sayin.:biggrin2:

Or you can just read the regs;)