Savage Model 10 Ashbury

SWAMPFOX

What's the bottom line among gun nuts on the Savage Model 10 Ashbury Precision Ordnance Chassis Bolt gun?

It's available in .308 and I was wondering if it is possible for that rifle to be suppressed. If so, I'm thinking it may work as a decent deer rifle for my 11 year old grandson.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Klondike

I am intrigued by the chassis guns but don't like the way either of the savage look compared to the RPR. I am intrigued by the "factory trueing" they comment about with the gun. Can't imagine it wouldn't be a good deer rifle, 308 is an awesome caliber for that.

As far as slim / trim looks I really like the way the Vanguard Adaptive composite looks. I own 6 savage bolt guns so I guess that makes me a fan but the Vanguard looks better to me.

http://www.weatherby.com/products/rifles/vanguard/vanguardr-adaptive-composite.html

abrannon

It is a savage so it is probably a descent rifle with descent accuracy. The stock will likely give you some length adjustment since it is a Collapsible AR Stock. The only down side to it may be the weight. With out the scope the gun weighs a little over 10 LBS. This should be fine as long as you are hunting from a stand.

transfixer

Savage is hard to beat for accuracy , I've got a lot of money in a heavy barreled Rem 700 .308 , and I've seen Savages that cost a good bit less, equal mine in accuracy. That being said, I'm thinking that would be a pretty heavy rifle for an 11 yr old ? Unless he's hunting from a box stand over a clearcut ,,,,