Groundhog max

BuckNasty83

Thinking about picking one of these up. I have a 2016 Rubicon, they have IRS and I'll either have to get an aftermarket hitch, or use their kit. By chance, does anyone here have a newer model Rubi with their kit? Or an ATV with IRS along with their kit?

I know there's some risk involved with this, but a man's got to do, what a man's got to do. I'll be doing a 2acre plot and a few smaller ones. The Rubi only has 30 miles on it and not quite ready to completely damage her if I can help it. But I have read numerous positive reviews on this product. Surly a few of you have this and can share your experience with it

Davans

I've had one for a few years. Fairly impressed with it. The faster you go the better it plows. Pull mine with a Polaris 500 with IRS. It's not going to plow virgin hard red clay put it will cut it up enough to plant seed. If the ground had been busted up in recent years the ground hog does a really good job.

Deerhead

BuckNasty I have been thinking about one four several weeks. One friend damaged his lower control arm. Another loves his & has not had any problems. In my research I have roundabout You need a strong receiver hitch that is mounted properly.

tmanfrmtn

I'm debating on getting one myself.
Im just wondering after reading reviews how it well it will fit my polaris
I have some half acre plots that you can't really get a tractor into

misterpink

I have an older one. I had the hitch adapter welded onto my atv. Works really good for small or remote food plots. I agree with the poster who said it will not do well on virgin ground. Also 2 acres is going to take a long time.

catch22

my buddy has had one for years on his honda rancher 300 4x4. manual shift.

its worked great for him

BuckNasty83

PM me any questions you have about the GHMAX. My Dad invented it.

Cool, we've been talking. My concerns are that it says something along the lines of: Work's with "some" 2008 and newer model Hondas.

Honda went through some changes a few years ago and I'm not sure if any of it was frame work, or would have any affect on the GHM compatibility with my machine. Surely not, just wanted some encouragement and peace of mind

Derek

you can make any machine compatible....with a few hrs and good welder! lol

That's been the most difficult part with the GHMAX is making it so that it works with most any machine. Sometimes an aftermarket hitch or trip to the weld shop is the only way to go.

fox_fire

Here's a testament to the few hours and welder comment... Love the GMAX but could not find an aftermarket hitch strong enough to support it. I did not want to weld directly to frame for ground clearance and other reasons. We came up with this removable but very solid solution. Two holes drilled in the Foreman frame. Receiver sandwiched between the holes and then anchored in the factory Honda hitch where ball would normally be.

Attachments

• GHMax1.jpg
    GHMax1.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 259
  • GHMax2.jpg
    GHMax2.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 258

BuckNasty83

I got the kit, but it's not going to work on this IRS model.

I'm wondering if I had the little 5" receiver welded to the factory receiver (tongue)
If that would work