Raven

deast1988

$1499.99 for the base
$1999.99 for the top model

So competing with ten point I think.

Those came off quick search An had cabelas in the name. Could be cheaper elsewhere though

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
$1499.99 for the base
$1999.99 for the top model

So competing with ten point I think.

Those came off quick search An had cabelas in the name. Could be cheaper elsewhere though

At that price it better be a double barrel cross bow. :biggrin2:

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I got a 340 ft per second at Dunhams on sale for $349 with a coupon..........still under a second til impact.........

deast1988

Yeah current archery market seems to be how high they price stuff an see if folks actually buy it. I got 350fps with scope An bolts for $400. So it's pretty much up to the consumer, plus location. If I was strictly crossbow hunter in a state that had a huge archery season or was mostly archery only then I'd be pursuing the best equipment possible.

across the river

Said. 425 ft per second. So .75999 of a second it's there.

Yeah, but you are still having to compensate for nearly 25 feet of drop even at that speed. There is no way the average redneck could be accurate at 100 yards with it. Even if they got one up to 1000fps, you are still looking at 10 foot drop. Most people should stick with 30 yards in, regardless of what kind of bow they shoot.

deast1988

I think wild game innovations has 100yd crossbow kills on YouTube. Controlling stock in Barnett with some of the $1000+ flagship crossbows going yard to take game. Still super risky and not my cup of tea but possible under the right situation with practice.

BornToHuntAndFish

OMG!

In the 3rd longer video below, the Ravin employee demonstrates a shot with the crossbow. The next person in an orange hat takes a shot just fine, but after he cocks the xbow he leaves his hand on the pistol grip next to the trigger in an UNsafe position while the Ravin employee reaches around him to load the next bolt but should have demanded the shooter to step away from the crossbow while he loads the 2nd arrow bolt or let the shooter load it by himself.

RAVIN CROSSBOW 100 yards

30-seconds

Ravin Crossbows

Published on Jan 6, 2017

100 Yard Shot from Ravin R9 Crossbow

Time = 42-seconds

Published on Oct 25, 2016

I would never take a shot at a deer this far, but, wow, check it out.

Ravin R15 Crossbow! SHOT Show 2017

Published on Jan 26, 2017

Ravin Crossbows just introduced the R9 only a few months ago, and they've already stepped up their game with the 425 fps R15. This is not a review - only a demonstration of the bow by a Ravin employee plus a few shots on target by me. I was impressed so far, but I'd like to do a lot more testing.

:eek:

http://ravincrossbows.com/products/crossbows/

R15 PREDATOR

images

ravin-r15-predator.jpg

R9 PREDATOR

images

ravin-r9-predator.jpg

:bounce:

Last edited:

cowhornedspike

Yeah, but you are still having to compensate for nearly 25 feet of drop even at that speed. There is no way the average redneck could be accurate at 100 yards with it. Even if they got one up to 1000fps, you are still looking at 10 foot drop. Most people should stick with 30 yards in, regardless of what kind of bow they shoot.

First of all, they are not advocating shooting game at 100 yds but rather demonstrating how their design works better than the standard style crossbow design and can shoot tight groups at that range. I have always hated the standard crossbow design and like what they have done with this.

That said, I make it a practice to never buy the first model of anything. Let them sell a few and work out any bugs that show up and then I may get one a few years down the road if I can afford it.

GottaGetOutdoors

I spoke with a guy on the Ravin R&D team who said they used a machine to fire the crossbow repeatedly until it failed. They kept improving design and materials until the crossbow would fire 50,000 times before a failure. If that is true, Ravin will grab a good chunk of the crossbow market share.