"Coyote" NONSELECTIVE Poison Federal cyanide trap injures boy, kills dog

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Don't you know some Admin that can turn it off?::ke:

For Heaven's sake, this last page was them arguing over the merits of being born Southern vs being a "naturalized" Southerner... What does that have to do with the price of coyote pelts in China?... Or the right of the government to use cyanide to protect the profits of western ranchers. We have wandered quite a ways off the original trail, no?

Man, we've beat that dead horse to a tune of 11,000 views for this thread.. Every one else has given up..:D

shdw633

For Heaven's sake, this last page was them arguing over the merits of being born Southern vs being a "naturalized" Southerner... What does that have to do with the price of coyote pelts in China?... Or the right of the government to use cyanide to protect the profits of western ranchers. We have wandered quite a ways off the original trail, no?

True, but yet, you open the thread anyway to see what we said.....just like driving by a car accident, you just have to look. ::ke: :biggrin2:

It's the off season....what do you expect!! We're bored and at least this has been entertaining!! :bounce:

I do find it interesting that through this whole thing the OP has never made another post on the subject.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
lots of good info in this thread

And lot's of dumb info too.. Like, M44's are harmless to non target animals or human beings..

Mr. Fishunt

Recent update...

I am resurrecting this "Hornet's Nest". I didn't reply once to my original post and was quite surprised regarding the amount of replies. I was dismayed and shocked by all of the comments by anyone that would be in favor of this horrific non-selective pesticide.

The below link is to an article regarding the family and their dealings with the government.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i...ir-son-killed-their-dog/ar-BBMnqLa?li=BBnbfcL (copy & paste)

I still can't believe that M44 is still in use and that anyone would consider using this on any land, public or private.

Regards,
Mr. Fishunt

Last edited:

shdw633

Mark K

Banned
Now if they would just come up with something like that to take out hogs.
Sorry about someone’s pets, but it seems he was trespassing or at least that’s what I gathered from the article.
Dogs would have been caught in normal traps as well, and some of those states don’t have 24hr checks, so more than likely the same outcome.
I understand the bleeding hearts point of view, but they don’t have their livelihood dependent upon predators being kept in check.

treadwell

Couldn't pull the article up. Check the date on it, sounds exactly the same as the case years ago. No comment on what I think.