Vortex scopes

abrannon

I am looking for a new scope to go on a new rifle and I noticed that Vortex had a new scope.

GOLDEN EAGLE® HD 15-60X52 ECR-1 (MOA) RIFLESCOPE

Have any of you had a chance to handle this scope?

I am wondering how it compares to the Nightforce BR 12-42x56 scope. They are practically the same cost. $1450.

I already own NF 12-42 and 15-55 scopes, but have no experience with the Vortex scopes. How is the HD glass?

wareagle700

The HD glass in the two Razor's I've had has been excellent. It's extremely clear and crisp in my Vortex spotter also.

Any difference between the NF and Vortex would likely be very little.

I don't have any experience with BR scopes but own multiple scopes from both companies and have 0 complaints with any of them.

abrannon

Thanks for the reply. I have lots of experience with the NF BR, SHV and NXS and Competition scopes. They are all great.

However on one person I know has ever bought a Vortex scope and unfortunately it would not track right out of the box. Vortex made it right and he promptly sold the scope and bought a NF SHV but that is my only experience with the brand.

Oh well I have a month or more before the rifle is ready so I have time to think about it.

jmoser

I just put a 25x PST on my .223 and was pretty impressed on my first range trip. My F class 6BR has a 32x Nightforce.

Read the F class forums sites for better Vortex reviews on competition long range rifles.

abrannon

jmoser;

thanks. I have read a lot of the reviews and I have not found a negative review yet, so I might just give it a try.

deers2ward

I have spent thousands on Zeiss and Swaro glass....very nice scopes and I will never sell them, but I don't plan buying any more. I have bought two Vortex scopes over the last year or so. The construction is rugged and durable, the warranty is without condition, and the glass is just as bright at my Zeiss, not quite as bright as the Swaro. I also like the MSR and BDC reticles Vortex is using. I have my eye on the 3-15 Razor LH for my next scope.

JeffinPTC

FWIW (40%)
If your a vet or first responder, ask about the Vortex discount

http://partners.vortexoptics.com/?request=mille

And from Vortex:

Crossfire II – China
Diamondback – Phillipines
Viper – Phillipines
Razor HD – japan
Razor HD Gen II – Japan and USA
Razor HD AMG – USA w/ German Reticle

All the best,

Travis “Virgil” Vogel
Consumer Sales | Vortex Optics
2120 W Greenview Dr
Middleton, WI 53562
Toll Free: 800-426-0048 Ext. 279
Direct: 608-826-6279
Tvogel@vortexoptics.com
www.vortexoptics.com

I ended up buying a VX6

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I used to shoot 100 and 200 yard ( point blank ) bench rest until I was talked into shooting at 1,000 yards with my 6mm Norma BR. I have never shot point blank since.

gt40