Argentina Hunts - Recommendations

Michael F Sights

Looking at going to Argentina and hunt Dove/Duck/Perdiz, in a year or so. Can anyone recommend outfitter and/or provide insight, tips?

Thanks in Advance!

Jetjockey

My advice, skip Argentina and hunt SA. Shoot dove, duck, geese, frankolin, guinea fowl, pigeons, and crows. I’ve talked to guys who hunted both, and they all said South Africa was a much better hunt.

http://birdhuntersafrica.com

Argentina Hunts

I have been lucky enough to do both. Argentina is amazing. You have to see the number of birds to believe it. Without difficulty I shot 1,200 doves BEFORE lunch one morning. You know you are running up your shell bill when they keep bringing cases of shells every 30 minutes or so.

We shot at Los Chanares in Cordoba, a Beretta and Orvis endorsed location. It was like hunting at the Ritz-Carlton. There is NOTHING that they don’t take care of for you.

The location we went to in South Africa was Tollie’s African Safaris. I can’t actually say enough good things about this outfit and the family that runs it. The accommodations are outstanding by any ones measure, the food and hospitality are second to none. The main objective for us there was plains game but we did go bird hunting which was tons of fun. When an Egyptian goose hits the ground, you know it!!!

Either location will give you the adventure of a lifetime, it is the best money I ever spent. Not a day goes by without me thinking about both those trips and the great memories I have from them.

Enjoy!

straightshooter

Have been to Argentina 17 times. Went this year to tape a duck show for my new If It Flies... TV series that debuts next Thursday night on Pursuit Channel. (www.facebook.com/ifitfliestv. Check with John Wiles a www.bestwingshooting.com. He has really good combo hunts, which is what you are looking for. Doves won't be as good during their duck season, but you'll still shoot all you can stand. The duck shooting takes place between May and August (their Winter) and the shooting can be really, really good. PM me if you have specific questions.