Further Up, and Further In

The mtn man

My phone still hasn't rung, either. :)

Yea, but you have way better fishing out your way. I think we all need to take a boat ride across Fontana with some camping gear and spend a couple days fishing a certain creek. I can haul about 4 fellers in my boat.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Yea, but you have way better fishing out your way. I think we all need to take a boat ride across Fontana with some camping gear and spend a couple days fishing a certain creek. I can haul about 4 fellers in my boat.

I'd be up for it. Done it once, would do it again.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Sounds really good to me. I have actually never wet a line in Certain Creek if it's the one I think you're talking about, but it was one of my dad and uncles's favorites.

We need to make another trip back to that other place, too.

whitetailfreak

Sounds really good to me. I have actually never wet a line in Certain Creek if it's the one I think you're talking about, but it was one of my dad and uncles's favorites.

Just don't sleep in a hammock :crazy:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Just don't sleep in a hammock :crazy:

I don't do bear burritos. Now them other two fellers talking about this trip-they might as well pour hot sauce and cheese on themselves before they go to bed.......:bounce:

You oughta go on this one. It's a family tradition. We can fish up Sugar Fork and share a fishin' pole. :bounce:

whitetailfreak

I don't do bear burritos. Now them other two fellers talking about this trip-they might as well pour hot sauce and cheese on themselves before they go to bed.......:bounce:

You oughta go on this one. It's a family tradition. We can fish up Sugar Fork and share a fishin' pole. :bounce:

Now Pap and your Uncle Charlie would get a kick out of that. That would be a good trip, let me know when y'all are going and I'll try to swing it. If not, I'll at least come fish for a day or two. My wife and I are going in early June and camp at Proctor just below the Calhoun House for 3 or 4 days. Proctor sure beats hauling a bunch of gear to BV, and I can still be at any trib I want with a few hrs of easy walking.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Now Pap and your Uncle Charlie would get a kick out of that. That would be a good trip, let me know when y'all are going and I'll try to swing it. If not, I'll at least come fish for a day or two. My wife and I are going in early June and camp at Proctor just below the Calhoun House for 3 or 4 days. Proctor sure beats hauling a bunch of gear to BV, and I can still be at any trib I want with a few hrs of easy walking.

I bet the fines for having a hundred +/- specks are a good bit more than they were back then, though, :D

The mtn man

If we go, whitetail freak has to go with us no doubt. I wonder if i could leave my boat at the mouth of the creek for a couple days? Or would it be smarter to pay for shuttle boat?

whitetailfreak

If we go, whitetail freak has to go with us no doubt. I wonder if i could leave my boat at the mouth of the creek for a couple days? Or would it be smarter to pay for shuttle boat?

Don't pay for a shuttle, Fontana is proud of those trips. I'll get you a ride whether I get to go or not. My dad lives 5 miles from the Cable Cove ramp.The only down side, is in case of emergency, you're stuck. There's nothing wrong with tying up at the mouth, we do it all the time. I've never had so much as a coke cola go missing, and by Spring the lake shouldn't be fluctuating a whole lot. I've got several out of state turkey hunts lined up this Spring, but maybe the dates will work out. I'd enjoy sharing some of the history of the area with folks that can appreciate it.

The mtn man

Don't pay for a shuttle, Fontana is proud of those trips. I'll get you a ride whether I get to go or not. My dad lives 5 miles from the Cable Cove ramp.The only down side, is in case of emergency, you're stuck. There's nothing wrong with tying up at the mouth, we do it all the time. I've never had so much as a coke cola go missing, and by Spring the lake shouldn't be fluctuating a whole lot. I've got several out of state turkey hunts lined up this Spring, but maybe the dates will work out. I'd enjoy sharing some of the history of the area with folks that can appreciate it.

Sounds good to me.

deerhuntingdawg

Thanks so much DHD. This year, I hope you and Buckman have resolved to planning your trips a week in advance rather than the day prior. It is a miracle that I still am yet to meet you? Buckman will text me like 6:00 p.m. one day, and be like "hey, DHD and I are going to hit the creek at 6:00 a.m tomorrow.....you down?!"
It's getting ridiculous. The next time you're in town, I had better be given advance notice!!!! I'm ready and willing to teach you and Buckman how to fish.
:whip:
Sounds like a plan!?

jigman29

I used to fish a couple of creeks that were a boat ride across Fontana. I loved one of them and used to go yearly. The last trip in we had a flood hit and we nearly lost our lives back in there. I haven't been back but would love to try it again.