Florida Mother of Four Attacked by Bear So Multiple Bears Were Euthanized, April 2014

BornToHuntAndFish

In case you did not hear about this . . .

After Attack, Officials Kill 5 Bears in Florida

Associated Press

Published on Apr 14, 2014

Florida wildlife officials say they have killed five bears following an attack on a woman in a suburban subdivision in central Florida. Forty-five year-old Terri Frana was attacked by a large bear in her driveway Saturday. (April 14)

Bear Attack in Florida Community

ABC News

Published on Apr 13, 2014

A Florida woman was dragged by a bear after checking on a noise in the garage.

Woman Who Survived Brutal Bear Attack Speaks

ABC News

Published on Apr 14, 2014

Many Florida residents are on edge as the women who narrowly escaped describes being mauled.

http://www.today.com/news/bear-attack-survivor-i-could-hear-teeth-going-through-my-2D79526243

Bear attack survivor: I could hear teeth 'going through my scalp'

17 hours ago

"Terri Frana, 44, needed 30 staples in her scalp and 10 stitches in her forehead after she was attacked by a 200-pound bear"

"she saw five bears in her driveway and garage before one of them came at her"

tdy_sham_bear_140414.vembedmed.jpg

AND

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/1...ears-after-florida-woman-mauled-outside-home/

Wildlife agency kills several bears after Florida woman mauled outside home

April 14, 2014

“The bear actually had my wife’s head in its mouth and started to drag her towards the woods.”

"that bear will generally retreat in the presence of humans, but the animal that was fatally shot would not"

"Four other bears were captured and euthanized"

"Wildlife officials will now take DNA swabs of the euthanized bears to ensure the bear responsible for the attack was caught."

:eek:

:hair:

Last edited:
I hadn't heard if anyone had reported the presence of the bears in this neighborhood to DNR or the police prior to the attack...has anyone heard that? Seems odd that this is the first sighting and the attack took place at that time...

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
good reason to open a bear season in florida--with dogs and over bait to boot!

T

john1955

uhh seems odd that wild life folk kill 7 bears duh why was 7 bears in that area one time some body feeding donuts

Marlin_444

Sumbuddy was prolly feeding them... Not good to do that... I saw this and it's good that she was not killed...

bigelow

Executive Chef at Billy's Bistro
There are bear there seen a dead bear on the side of 41 going though the glades. Someone was either dumping garbage near by or feeding them. They do like bird feeders though.

tree cutter 08

They just like a coon or possum. They eat about anything. No doubt food was there but I doubt someone was feeding them. Need to keep them thinned out.