Hybrids and Striper on the fly!

Hope you guys don't mind, I posted this in the Freshwater spot, but it really belongs in here.

Before the water got blown out a buddy of mine found a great spot where Hybrids were feeding like crazy. In a matter of 2hrs I pulled in 16 fish on the fly rod and he got about 10.

Here's a few pics.

And then............the highlight of my recent fishing trips!!!

A 16lb Striper!

Took off like a freight train. My knuckles got in the way and they bent the handle on my reel. Dragged me and the kayak downstream until I could jump out and land her. Wish we got better pics. It was my first striper on fly.

It was a ton of fun. I've paid a lot of money to fish all over, and I've never caught fish hand over fist like this. And really good fighting fish also. It was amazing to watch so many fish feed.

There were more fish, just got tired of taking pics!

dtala

We used to fly fish below Logan Martin dam on the Coosa River a good bit. We'd fish when the turbines were running with a slip know anchor and float. Most of the Stripes would take off down river and we'd slip the anchor and chase em. Good fish to maybe 20 pounds, lots of good Hybrids also to prolly ten pounds.

Sometimes we'd fish at night when the turbines were off, slow stripping a deer hair bug on the surface. Dang BIG explosions sometimes right at the rod tip.

Also fish above the dam in winter right at the inflow grate with a sinking line and big streamers, big fish to 25 pounds on 8+9 weight rods.

WinMag.300

awesome!

Glad you put the hammer down on them!

thedudeabides

:fine::fine::fine::fine:

You mind posting some pics of that fly? I'm hoping try to land a few on the fly rod in the next couple weekends. Awesome job, looks like a blast.