TC Encore Question

QuakerBoy

Do you need a different forarm for the ML barel than you would for a rifle barel?

Derek

YES YOU DO.........I have another question to pose....anybody have any easy way to get the pin out of the gun when cleaning or changing barrels??? Mine is a pain to get out. ::huh:

QuakerBoy

thanks Derek. Don't know the answer to your question though...sorry

Michael Lee

Derek,

I take a cloth and put it over the pin, then tap it with a scredriver and hammer lightly to get it to move out.

ML

bevills1

Unsure whether it matters or not, but I always remove the pin with the action open. I've never tried it with action closed but suspect it may be more difficult that way. I then use a fired 223 Rem. brass with base down on pen to tap out pen.

DaddyPaul

I will have to go back and look at the manual again but I think you are supposed to tap it out with the action in the closed position. I too use a phillips screwdriver and small hammer to tap it in and out. I don't use a rag though and mine is not marred up at all. Sometimes to get it started back I have to open the action then I close it and tap away.

Scout-N-Hunt

Brass punch pin

I use a brass punch pin near the same diameter as the hinge pin with the action open. Mine came from Brownells' in a complete set - of course the local hardware store probably has sets of the brass pin punches too.

Just a few light taps with a brass hammer and she's out. Same procedure to install the hinge pin. Manual says the hinge pin can be removed/installed from either side.

Just ordered the Mike Bellm oversize #1&#2 hinge pin set. I'm sure it will take a little more to remove/install, but its supposed to improve accuracy, especially in the rifle barrels.

Regards.

GA_Longhorn

Here's what I use...

I cut a small wooden dowel about 4" in length. With the handle of the screwdriver, used to remove the forend screws, I tap the dowell and pin through the frame. It works great and doesn't scratch the pin.

When I shot Contenders, I used the same method and it has worked for me since the 70s.

My Philosophy.......stick with who brung you to the dance. :)