We don't always go Fishing..............

olcaptain

We don’t always go Fishing

Max and I have spent a great deal of time on Crooked Creek but just for the record, we don’t always go fishing. We had a miserable rain filled day yesterday but during the evening the skies cleared, and the temperatures dropped to ideal paddling conditions. By 9:30AM the fog had lifted, and the stage was set for an adventure.

Knowing that the creek was a bit higher today I hoped that we had enough water to go all the way to the “Talking Rocks.”

K1gMIbA.jpg

SUnbVab.jpg

jwKlMO6.jpg

PwzCj2v.jpg

8Ff6gzS.jpg

Of course, to get there, we would first have to paddle under “Tony’s Bridge.” I have named this bridge after my friend Tony Briggs who pointed out to me that the foundation of this old bridge was poured back when they used 1x6 boards to build the forms because plywood hadn’t been born yet.

gsCYRx2.jpg

WOqwuLY.jpg

HWN9PBl.jpg

Every trip up our creek is different. The scenery constantly varies as the leaves change. The water level varies. The wind is different each time and you never know what kind of structure might lie ahead.

R6NdT44.jpg

q3rd3eK.jpg

UxbOEYP.jpg

ZwKovmi.jpg

MKEqDXM.jpg

sIIVrPa.jpg

During past voyages we have flushed Turkeys. We have seen Deer, Muskrats, Otters and all sorts of waterfowl that I cannot even begin to identify. Every turn in the creek is a new opportunity to see something extraordinary.

qaDyK9w.jpg

vfOVGIJ.jpg

It takes us about an hour and a half round trip but as you can see, we met our goal today and before too long we found ourselves heading back to the Dachshund’s Dock.

RoCWbO9.jpg

4xMupLE.jpg

FjwTAcT.jpg

We hope that you have enjoyed our trip and if you are near or ever in the Milledgeville/Eatonton, Georgia area we would love for you to join us on a trip up Crooked Creek!

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Agree wholeheartedly. Dang great trip and thanks for sharing it with us.

FOLES55

Looks peaceful

walkinboss01

I love floating rivers and creeks. Cool pics

olcaptain

Thanks to all for your kind words. Come see us!