GoPro Alternatives

jcarleto

I am associated with a club of Gyroplane pilots who fly out of NW Georgia. Of late, we have discovered fairly inexpensive Chinese GoPro knock-off cameras from http://www.banggood.com. About a half dozen of our pilots are flying with these now without a dud in the bunch.

I have used the $49.00 model I bought as a hat-brim camera on the kayak with good results. The price allows for the option of several cameras while still spending less than one REAL GoPro. I have not tested how watertight the enclosures are, but they seem fairly serviceable.

There are also really low-priced (some under $20.00) cameras designed for drone operations that could be scattered around a yak if one is adept at editing and combining multiple videos, although they are not waterproof.

Teh Wicked

Used older model Go-Pros can be had so cheap, its pointless to buy off brand stuff that can possibly fail. the Hero comes out with a new model every year or so, and the previous model still shoots better video than most people can even view.

IvyThicket

Used older model Go-Pros can be had so cheap, its pointless to buy off brand stuff that can possibly fail. the Hero comes out with a new model every year or so, and the previous model still shoots better video than most people can even view.

I am a GoPro man and they still fail quite often. I own 4 models of the GoPro and bought an Apeman action camera off of Amazon for $39 to do my still photos. It's been a great little camera for it's purpose.

WayneB

The GoPro brand is circling the drain, too many as-good for less out there.
I sold my stocks at about what I paid for em, they are worth less now.