Throw net

1gr8bldr

Does anyone know of another company that makes a net, other than Bait buster that has a way to replace brail lines? The baitbuster has the dragon head that you can pop off the cap and tie in the brail lines. I break lots of brail lines. Or maybe you have another solution for this? The typical horn has no way of replacing

MikeyD6

Deleted
I bought a spool of 80 lb test line from academy to replace brail lines. Best thing to do is lay it over a patio table or something so you can get under it while it's opened up. It's tedious, but it can be done. Tie a line on one side and feed it thru on the same path as the old line. The hardest part for me was tying the knots so the lines are the same length.

across the river

Does anyone know of another company that makes a net, other than Bait buster that has a way to replace brail lines? The baitbuster has the dragon head that you can pop off the cap and tie in the brail lines. I break lots of brail lines. Or maybe you have another solution for this? The typical horn has no way of replacing

You can replace them yourself, and you can find a million videos on youtube of different ways to approach it.

1gr8bldr

I'm looking for something easy. Most nets don't have a place up top to affix the new brail line. The dragon head swivel is really easy to replace. However, it slow the net down as it sinks

1gr8bldr

I just watched several video's. So far, nothing of any value. I will likely just stay with what I know works. LOL, I saw everything from affixing all new brails to tieing a broken to the swivel. What they don't know is now that shorter brail will make the net handle terrible.

across the river

If you are that picky about it just by several of the cheaper nets and swap the out as you break one.

1gr8bldr

If you are that picky about it just by several of the cheaper nets and swap the out as you break one.
Cheaper nets don't have the weight needed for catching shad in 30 feet of water. It takes minimum 1.5 ounces per foot for it to sink fast enough that it does not close itself under the resistance of the net. Plus, you hardly ever see a cheap 10 foot net

1gr8bldr

Best net I ever had was a Calusa. It was sweet, yet thin mono, not very tough. But a 10 footer dbl curled in the hand was not excessive, like a cheap, non 6 panel net would be. It threw like a dream. Lost it, brand new, a $250 net, at the bottom of a lake, in 30 foot of water, of all things, teaching a friend how to throw it. He threw it last

1gr8bldr

Uneven brail lines create a small bag.... even a small bag will hold another lead, causing you to have to spend time trying to get it loose, and both hands, and mouth are already full. LOL, trying to knock it loose with your foot, standing on the bow of the boat on one foot, is not ideal