Not only

fullstrut

Are the Turkeys quiet, so are the Barred Owls.
What is going on with Traditional old school Turkey hunting. 28 years of hunting and it's like chasing ghost. I was blessed with a good 3 yr old on Good Friday in Pubilc land. Went this morning and did not even hear a real Owl. Ga Biologists need to get with this issue as to what is going on. Afraid turkeys might in up like the Bob White .

Mattval

I heard alot of owls this AM. Not one turkey. Maybe they are just no gobbling?

fullstrut

Glad to hear the owls are still around. Hearing owls is just part of the morning Turkey hunt

hrstille

You have got to be where turkeys live. Find where they live and you will hear gobbling. You can't just go stand anywhere and expect to hear birds. Try another spot fellas

Last edited:

blindhog

Gobbling mid season lull. So the articles I read say.

I have buddies who are seeing gobblers strutting in the fields with jakes too, no gobbles.

I hunt public land this year and its gone very quiet.

TomC

Heard a bunch of owls this year. I hunt in Butts county where there is not a great but a decent or at least there WAS a decent turkey population and I have only heard ONE gobble the entire season......ONLY ONE since opening day and I've been in the woods a good bit. Fortunately the one that I did hear is in my freezer. Just not hearing turkeys this year..........baffling?????

albrown100

You have got to be where turkeys live. Find where they live and you will hear gobbling. You can't just go stand anywhere and expect to hear birds. Try another spot fellas

Oh the turkeys are there my friend , saw them strutting in the fields but no gobbling . We walked 800 acres with one gobble from a strutter in the back of a clear cut that wouldnt budge from that spot and no more gobbling. Had 4 hens fly in to our decoys at daybreak without a sound, that was pretty cool to watch right there, think they are going through a lull only thing I could figure

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I'm glad ole Tom gobbles on his time and not our time. Or they'd all be dead.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
This morning was my first of 9 days of hunting I DIDNT hear birds gobbling. Multiple birds usually. Hearing plenty of owls and crows to. Nothing out of ordinary in my words

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Gobbling has been better in the afternoons than in the morning this season in my spots.

Mexican Squealer

I hunt the coast and the fall line and this season has been amazing. Last year was quiet on my lease on the coast but this year is amazing. My fall line farms continue to produce.