A few I've completed recently

godogs57

First one up is my interpretation of a Randall Model 8, old style. Made from CPM-154 stainless. Nickle silver guard and buttcap. Handle comes from an elk shed I found last year in NM while hunting. Hair splitting sharp.

HH_Model_8.jpg

Next is a pretty satin finish hunter with a synthetic ivory handle. This ivory substitute is the best I've seen and is relatively new on the market, used mostly by scrimshaw artists. It has "grain" like real ivory and also yellows with age. CPM-154 stainless. Like the others, its also shaving sharp.

HH_Ivory.jpg

This one is one I forged from 1084 carbon steel. It has Nickle silver guard and buttcap with an Amberstag elk antler handle. It took an outstanding edge and retains its sharpness well in testing.

HH_1084.jpg

Last is a file knife from an old Swiss rasp with a unique pattern to the file. It was my only file from Switzerland at this time. It heat treated and tempered very well and is sharp as can be. Nickle silver guard and buttcap, India stag handle.

HH_Swiss_Rasp.jpg

Thanks so much for looking!

whitetailfreak

I like that synthetic Ivory drop point a lot. That blade will do anything an outdoorsman would ever need. Very nice.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Beautiful !

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Absolutely outstanding craftsmanship. You`ve upped the scale, Hank.

Let me look through my stack of files and see if I have any more horsehoof rasps.

walkinboss01

Wow!! Really beautiful work.

QuakerBoy

They're all beautiful, but I'm a bit partial to the last one

wvdawg

Staff member
Mighty fine Hank!

Anvil Head

Go Dog! Very nice.

Nicholson makes a large file with close to that pattern called a "Plasti-file". Assumption would normally be, well, for plastic, but they are very prevalent around metal shops. Especially around metal lathes. I like using them for drawfiling larger blades.

(Best thing about last weekend's game is the Dogs won.....just saying).

Rich Kaminski

I really like the one with the stag handle, but they all look fantastic.

godogs57

Go Dog! Very nice.

Nicholson makes a large file with close to that pattern called a "Plasti-file". Assumption would normally be, well, for plastic, but they are very prevalent around metal shops. Especially around metal lathes. I like using them for drawfiling larger blades.

(Best thing about last weekend's game is the Dogs won.....just saying).

And no injuries to my beloved Dawgs.

goob

that first one would do fine in my hunting bag.

Gaswamp

love the synthetic ivory knife

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
All works of Art!

Unfortunately, I'd have to fondle them all to pick my favorite.

Razor Blade

They are all beautiful Hank. Drop by my table at the Blade show. 4M