home made mud motor plans!!!!!

I have a brand new subaru robin 13hp electric start if anyone is interested. I was going to build a SD but i dont need 3 mud boats lol

Flaustin1

Powermax motors are identical to hondas. I bought a brand new 16 horse for 300 last year for my fan boat.

Core Lokt

I don't know what the setup was but I saw 2 young men at the lake this past weekend. They both had LT motors, one store bought and one home made and looked to be the same size/hp. The home made motor was on a 12' light weight jonboat and had a very difficult time getting on plain and only ran WOT about 6-8 mph while the other boat/motor ran as expected. The guy also had to keep cleaning/dumping the prop while going through a patch of pads that were barely touching on the sides.

I'm guessing he had something setup wrong due to the preformance I was seeing??

cmk07c

duckhuntingchat

I don't know what the setup was but I saw 2 young men at the lake this past weekend. They both had LT motors, one store bought and one home made and looked to be the same size/hp. The home made motor was on a 12' light weight jonboat and had a very difficult time getting on plain and only ran WOT about 6-8 mph while the other boat/motor ran as expected. The guy also had to keep cleaning/dumping the prop while going through a patch of pads that were barely touching on the sides.

I'm guessing he had something setup wrong due to the preformance I was seeing??

That motor must be the plans they offer from duckhuntingchat.com, I thumbed through them and was not that impressed. It seemed like it would work but I don't get why you'd b uild a 33cc mud motor when for a couple hundred more bucks you could build something bigger, better, and faster. Who knows though maybe the concept could work with say a 260cc + engine?

gms1911

Mud Motor

Hey did you ever finish your mud motor. I am working on one built out of a 50cc quad. Would like to see some pics of yours.

Mark W

Why build a small mud motor - couple of reasons

That motor must be the plans they offer from duckhuntingchat.com, I thumbed through them and was not that impressed. It seemed like it would work but I don't get why you'd b uild a 33cc mud motor when for a couple hundred more bucks you could build something bigger, better, and faster. Who knows though maybe the concept could work with say a 260cc + engine?

New guy here. The question asked was as to buidling a small 33 cc mud motor. I've built 3 and all work great for the hunting I do. First one was a 33 cc unit. I wouldn't recommend doing this as the motor was just a little bit on the small size. Took some digging to find a prop that would work with this motor. 2 one was built with a 52 cc motor. This one goes through anything. Third one was built using a honda 4 stroke and gear reduction. This is the best yet.

Reason to do this is weight. Every one of my motors weighs less than 20 lbs. Where I hunt, and how I hunt weight is everything. Having to haul a 65 lb+ motor would be a killer for me physically.

As far as performance. All these motors will push me (200 lbs) boat (65 lbs) and gear (40 lbs?) 6 + mph upstream. Hull speed on the boat I have is around 6 mph and to get moer speed would take significantly more hp and the associated weight.

There are plans on the net on how to build a mud motor using a small weed eater motor. Let me know if youa re interested.

Mark

GABASSMAN

Just wonderin if anyone did this. Im planning on making one myself and was wondering how much material cost ill be looking at. I got the motor just need the other stuff. Im trying to go light as possible but strong

r_hammett86

we waited to long on starting and just ended up buying a boat with one. but now the boats to big and heavy for where we wated to use it so now we're talking bout starting the project. we got everything but a prop. Tim has my plans cuz he's ganna make one he said. we'll get one build one day wehn get a chance.

here is my rant.
some guys just cant help but to get on here and become buttheads. FINE SOMTHING BETTER TO DO THAN GET ON HUNTING FOURMS AND NOT TALK ABOUT HUNTING!

Those plans on ebay have 100% positive feedback and several people waited until they had there motors done before leaving feedback! And they have 244 feedback!!! Let's build!!!